chii’s Anime Snack of the Week: Gundam 00 – A Wakening of the Trailblazer
This week I'm starting off with a Gundam movie that just came out. There's a lot of buzz going around about Gundam 00 - A Wakening of the Trailblazer and I'm sad to say that it is not positive for the most part. In fact, there is pretty much only rage about this movie from what I can see. How does a pretty awesome series of Gundam turn into such a huge clusterfuck? Watch it and find out is all I can honestly say. It's not THAT terrible and you'll totally cry and laugh over almost everything that happens in the 2 hours it takes to watch it.
- Animation is pretty to look at.
- The pew pew battles are kick ass.
- You can see the oh so fun Gundam 00 cast again.
- The music was pretty good.
- Slightly less Saji Crossroad and his annoying bimbo.
- It's in space!
- The "plot" is so screwed up.
- Your favourite characters will not be what you remember them as for the most part. (some will be exactly painfully the same though)
- Aliens are suddenly in your Gundam show.
- The ending will make you rage.
- Lame new characters that don't really need to be there at all.
- The politics are retarded.
- A lot of random shit will happen that will make you pause to figure out what you just witnessed.
Why chii thinks you should watch it
First of all you should have watched all of the Gundam 00 series before viewing. I honestly can't see anyone enjoying this at all if they have no clue about the setting and characters. Although when I really think about it, it probably wouldn't be all that bad either. But this movie is to be watched to simply be entertained in one of the worst yet hilarious ways possible. If you watch it with a group that'll be even better as well. A true Gundam fan will sit through this movie, laugh, cry, and get really angry. Deep down you'll probably enjoy it as well. Something that brings that many emotions through a 2 hour viewing session is impressive even if they aren't all positive. I personally will probably watch this movie again... Just not quite yet though. Despite how much I have ranted about how terrible the movie is to friends and on twitter I still give this movie a 8/10.
Further reactions to this movie: