Tuesday Tally Months October to November
2 months behind is better than 6! Anyway lots of anime consumed here so I'll get to it.
October was a busy month as I really started to get my goals list finished off. I dunno why I wait till the last minute for everything, yes even anime watching apparently, but I got a lot watched. I guess it helped that my wrist was injured during this month and I had nothing better to do than just sit and actually watch anime. Most was rather meh but there were a few that stood out from the rest. I also think this list is a little short because of the wrist too (lol contradiction) but I watched a shit load of hockey during October too and when I'm watching hockey I ONLY watch hockey.
- Piano - Snore fest to the max. The main characters hair was one of the worst styled hair I've ever seen in all of anime. I wouldn't recommend watching this unless you are a huge fan of the piano or slow paced anime.
- Narue no Sekai - This ended up kinda like Onegai Teacher in my eyes but instead of the alien being an "adult" she's a teenager. So because of that it was much more boring for me. Kids and aliens falling in love in a school setting... Blehhhh
- Neo Ranga - Is probably the most fun I had watching an anime this month. It was super campy at first then it turns into something that really made me think of Evangelion. The little sister of the three sisters is the best character of the show easily. Episode 40 onward it gets really awesome and had me hooked to my computer screen till it was over. I also really like short episode series for some reason since these ones were about 10 minutes long.
- The Big O - Super classy and very batman cartoon like. I dare anyone having watched both to not think that. Dorothy is fucking awesome and definitely my favourite character in the show. The first OP was weird as hell but awesome where the second OP was not so awesome at all. The 2nd part of the series really takes you for a loop. TOMATOES as A Day Without Me put it.
- Daughter of Twenty Faces - Has a great first half then it sorta goes downhill. Still interesting in the end but not as awesome as the first episodes at all. Episode 6 pretty much murders everyone which was quite shocking to see so early in a series. It was rather awesome actually. I was upset that there was a really crappy filler episode for the final episode of the series.
- Ninja Scroll TV - WOW is it ever bad. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece like the movie was (in my eyes) but I really had no idea that it would be this bad even though I have heard nothing good from those who have watched it before I did. The main character is the only good thing about it because I think it's impossible not to make him awesome even if everything else around him is complete shit. The music in the show does not fit at all (even though it was awesome music) and was just laughable half the time. It's like someone was like "Hey I like this song! Put it in the show even if it doesn't fit the scene at all!" oi
- Petite Princess Yucie -Girly and slice of lifey with some really dark undertones that pop up now and then. The meh ending was a let down but I didn't expect them to actually go through with what should have happened even though it comes from Gainax.
- xxxHolic ALL - Great looking, fun stories, and Yuuko is simply amazing and super pretty. The 2 boys, Watanuki and Doumeki are clearly VERY tsundere for each other and I'm sure there's plenty of fan art on the internet of them making out. Like Caraniel said to me over twitter I would surely enjoy to have a wardrobe as glamorous as Yuuko's.
- Requiem From The Darkness - This was an arty, episodic horror show. Very enjoyable if you enjoy that sort of thing.
- Human Crossing - Urg this was so boring and it doesn't help that it was episodic real human stories. The only thing it has going for it was that it actually had a good last episode where the rest I really didn't enjoy sitting through very much.
- Ah! My Goddess - Together, Forever - Boring first episode but the 2nd one made up for it because of the girls in swimsuits.
- One Piece 3D - Fucking awesome~
- Space Neko Theater - Man do I ever like cats and people who make strange shorts about them. A cat space suit is just awesome!
- Sorette Dakara ne! - Very shitty and very glad it was only 8 minutes.
- Aoyama Goushou Tanpenshuu - This was a really fun ova from the creators of Conan. It's like they made this first to work out some kinks that they fixed up when they started production on Conan. The last episode with the voice actors was really cute to watch.
- Deadman Wonderland - meh
- Thumbelina - "When you are sick you go and see a doctor, when there's something REALLY wrong you go and see a witch." Damn that's been my issue all along with my health I suppose! There's this blue thing that has hair like Lisa Simpson that scares the crap out of me that was in this too... I wouldn't recommend wasting your time watching this.
- Oishinbo: Nichibei Kome Sensou - Political RICE!
- Oishinbo: 2 - Make some food to make people live longer! I really wish the series for these 2 movies was avaliable in English.
- Lupin Special 1-4 - All were fun but #4 was my favourite because of RASPUTIN!
- Macross Frontier Movie 2 - Just as awesome as movie 1 maybe even more so. I'll have to watch it again just because I <3 Macross.
- Detective Conan Movie 15 - Conan is having some fun in the snow. The movie featured some hilarious skateboarding/snowboarding. I like that they made a reference to diamond dust. This is the longest Conan movie to date and was definitely one of the best.
- xxxHolic Movie - Fun short story. Loved the food and the art was interesting like the rest of the series.
When November rolled around I started to panic a little again because I was still quite behind on all the titles I wish to have complete before the year is out. I gotta say I did pretty good at finishing off most. I have 2 more titles to watch off that list but I think they'll wait till after the December flurry of posts that are coming up. (More on this in a post scheduled for December 1st) I did however end up reading a lot of manga, One Shots to be exact since I read like 60+ of them. But I also made myself read a longer manga too by the name of Cat Street. I wish I had good things to say about it but I really dislike most shoujo manga and it doesn't help that it was about an actress. I can't relate with someone who acts and complains about being awesome at something and gets paid a lot of money to do it. Fuck that. -.-
- Darker Than Black ALL - S1 was very good. A tiny bit too episodic for the type of thing it was trying to do but it still worked. I really loved all of the amazing characters. I started watching S2 right after S1 but Scamp was all like NOOO watch the OVA next since it happens before S2. Glad he mentioned that to me so I wasn't as lost with what was happening in S2 after watching the OVA which has great violence, bloodshed, and a very interesting main bad guy. The music for all the shows were awesome. S2 really made the music shine for me. It also made me love Hei more than I already did from S1. (Hei without a mask is the best Hei) He really reminded me of when Sousuke from FMP Second Raid was all depressed but Hei actually took to the bottle unlike Sousuke. I really didn't like the chick with her twin that was introduced in S2. I found everything about her boring and the end just kinda leaves you wanting more or at least should have take another episode to not rush things to finish up. Her magical girl contract for calling out her gun was also another quite annoying thing about her.
- Shuffle ALL -SHIT. I will however give one credit to it. In the end he did choose a chick! Not many harem shows do this.
- Genshiken ALL - HILARIOUS! S2 surprised me with a lot of things I didn't think they would venture into. This show is definitely best watched after one has consumed a lot of anime and engrossed themselves in otaku culture. I think that if I watched this way back in 2004 it would have been lost on me.
- Kujibiki Unbalance - Unlike Genshiken that was awesome this was oh so terrible. I'm not sure how this even got made honestly but now I know that the Genshiken group was obsessed with a pretty shitty anime. LOL
- GTO - Onizuka is the most hilarious teacher ever. His students were all annoying little brats though and made it hard to sit through a lot of the episodes where they were front and center. Having seen the OVA of when Onizuka was a young delinquent first made viewing this extra special.
- Read Or Die - I went into this expecting AWESOME. The first half of the show blew huge chunks and made me hate the 3 sisters right away. From episode 14 onward though things came around and got much better. But because of the sisters I still couldn't stand it very much. It was worth watching but ended up not living up to my expectations I had from the OVA.
- Ergo Proxy episode 1 - I tried hard to keep going but I keep getting this really bad Witch Hunter Robin feel to it because of the lead chick... I will complete this but it just may take a while longer... The world interests me but if that's all there is to it I don't think I'll have a good overall impression of the series.
- Maze - I was honestly expecting something not so great but this might not even be watchable for most people. Maze is what happens when you have an idea for a hentai title with a "plot" but can't add in any of the sex. So all you are left with is a shitty plot, characters, and very out of place sexual tension. The OP was good though... but holy shit was that OVA for it ever... something... hello nudity at every turn!
- Le Chevalier D'Eon - This oddly ended up being nothing like I was expecting it to be. It has a very supernatural feel to it that is very interesting. I hate how slow paced it is though. Even when amazing sword battles are going on and great action it still feels like the show is inching along. I really enjoyed how it ended.
- Allison & Lillia - Really reminded me of Last Exile but slower and not as awesome plot, animation, and character wise.
- Neuro - This was a great anime that was full of quirky amazing characters. I really liked the episodic stories aproach but it did have one main plot that they visited often enough so we wouldn't forget about it. I found it to be very much like Ghost Hunt in that it had an awesome male lead with a sucky female that just happens to be with him.
- Fafner - Meh it was alright.
- Tekken - LOL!!!
- Lupin Special 5-11 - Not much to say here honestly. All the Lupin films after a while start to blend together as one. The only thing that changes is what treasure they are after. I did really like Special 9 (A poison spider tattoo that made them stuck on an island) and 11 (really good action and sexy scenes) though.
So yeah, that's it! Quite a lot. XDTuesday Tally Months October to November,