Cooking With Oishii Anime 01
Welcome to the first post of a new series of posts where I will be cooking a dish that I've seen in an anime! I'll keep it simple for my first one and honestly cheat a little since everything is store bought this time around and just tossed together but it's a great intro post none the less!
Which anime is that delicious dish from? xxxHOLiC Rou! I suggest checking it out of you liked the xxxHOLiC series.
What is that delicious dish? Pesto pasta with sunflower seeds sprinkled on top!
How do I make that delicious dish?
The Pasta: Any kind of your choice will do.
- Boil some raw pasta.
The Pesto: You can use whatever pesto recipe you wish honestly because pesto is awesome and you can be super creative with what you put in it. Here's my really basic one.
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled Firm Tofu
- 2 tablespoons of Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh Lime Juice
- Garlic, Salt, and Pepper to your taste
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor.
Note: If you don't want to add tofu just double the amount of pine nuts. The pine nuts can be substituted with walnuts if you wish. They are cheaper.
Note: If it turns out to be too watery toss in some extra tofu or pine nuts to firm it up. If it's too dry add in some extra olive oil.
The Dish: Mine serves 2 but you can make as much or as little as you desire.
- After your pasta is boiled, strain it and put it into a bowl.
- Mix in your desired amount of pesto (mine was 2 table spoons) so that all the pieces of pasta are covered.
- Plate, toss some sunflower seeds on top, and serve.
If you have a picture of some yummy anime food you think I could re-create send a message or leave a comment. Which anime the picture is from would help me greatly along with the episode number it is featured in.Cooking With Oishii Anime 01,