Cooking With Oishii Anime 05
Everyone loves CAKE for the holidays!! Merry Christmas!
Which anime is that delicious dish from? From a shitty show that aired last winter called Kill Me Baby. I like assassins but annoying ones suck.
What is that delicious dish? Simple Eggnog White Cake with Eggnog Frosting and strawberries.
How do I make that delicious dish?
- 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1 and1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl mix: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate larger bowl mix: butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture until smooth and add the eggnog mixing it into the batter well. Then you are ready to put the batter evenly split between 2 cake pans. Don't forget to grease your pan so it doesn't stick!
Bake for 20 minutes or until you can place a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
Note: If your mixture is too dry add as much eggnog as needed to moisten it up. (I always add a little more eggnog anyway for more flavour)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups Eggnog
- 1 cup Butter (room temperature)
In a bowl mix: butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually stir in the eggnog and add flour until smooth.
Note: If too runny add more flour till you have the texture desired. If too dry add in more eggnog till you have the texture desired.
Note: Can add food colouring if you wish.
Note: If you want a pure white frosting use cream cheese instead of eggnog.
- Place the bottom cake layer on a decorative serving plate of your choice and add as little or as much frosting as you wish on top. Don't bother with the sides yet.
- Gently but firmly place the second cake layer on top of the bottom and frost all over until satisfied with the look.
- Decorate the top to your liking adding strawberries and other fun holiday items.
Note: I made the chocolate Merry Christmas sign by melting some chocolate on some saran wrap for an easy peel off chocolate blob then got a white icing pen to write the words.
If you have a picture of some yummy anime food you think I could re-create send a message or leave a comment. Which anime the picture is from would help me greatly along with the episode number it is featured in.Cooking With Oishii Anime 05,