On the Seventh Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me,
Seven Life Moments,
Six Tamako Market Bird Butts,
Five Golden Openings,
Four Vancouver Anime Moments,
Three Anime Games,
and Legend of the Galactic Heroes Keychains
Getting a little personal here I have 7 moments that were pretty crazy that happened to me this year. These all contributed to the reason why I didn't post as much this year on my blog as normal. But to be fair I always post less when it isn't a 365 days year (vote in that poll on the right if you haven't already!) Here are my life moments from this year.
- I finally got a family doctor! No progress on my issues yet sadly.
- I've always been a huge fan of Survivor so I spent a lot of the year watching or re-watching all of the seasons. I'm up to S23!
- My niece was born. Hilariously on my mothers birthday!
- I started playing Dragonvale. (so that's why you see ___ Dragon posts on twitter now and then XD)
- I got a kitten! So to celebrate I'm going to blog all of Chi's Sweet Home next year! Look forward to it!
- My parents place burned down. The place where I grew up... They lost pretty much everything...
- And to end on a sad note my grandmother passed away a month after the fire...
Some happy moments some sad ones. Hopefully next year will be nothing but joy!
haha how can I even be making this post now when I haven't done squat since April right? Well the answer is that I plan on returning to blogging about anime. I doubt I'll be posting more than I usually did but it won't be a huge 6 months of nothing in between posts either. This year since April has honestly been quite busy for me that I'll be laying out more in detail when 12 Days comes rolling around so look forward to that if you remotely care about what I've been up to all year. 😛
- 12 Days of Christmas - Always super fun to write these and read everyone's too! Posts start December 14-25
- Not so Secret Santa - 7 lucky people were chosen at random yet again this year! Was it you? Reviews posted December 19-25
- Reverse Thieves Secret Santa - Hopefully I'll get 3 I haven't seen and no GITS! Reviews posted December 23-25
- Anime-Planet's Secret Santa - Why not have one more anime to watch?! Review posted December 25
- 2012 Anime - 4 posts of all anime that aired this year. Posts start December 28-31 If I can manage to watch everything still that is... I have like 50 shows to get through 😐
That's the list of the upcoming things I plan on doing for sure this year listed above. My plans for next year include:
- Bringing back the 365 Days Project?
- Catching up with Chibi Devi LOL
- More Wooser!
- More Cooking posts! I hope to have a few done for this holiday season too 🙂
- Keeping up with Pokemon Workout! I workout but I'm so bad at getting these episodic posts up!
- Blog Redesign!!!
- More independent thoughts on anime posts
- HIMITSU STUFF! 😮
Regarding the 365 Days Project. I'm still having a hard time figuring out what I want it to be for next year. I was thinking of going back to anime characters since I was actually more interested in posting those than that stupid uniform idea of mine haha. But someone suggested I do Anime Mascots as well. I've been toying around with the idea and I just can't choose. If there's one in particular you'd like to see I'd love to hear from you in the comments! If you have an even better suggestion I'm all ears too. I've thought up doing Gundam Characters, Mecha of Anime, Pretty Cure Baddies, Cliche Anime Episodes, Awesome Anime Chicks, Awesome Anime Dudes (though these 2 can honestly go under being plain old anime characters if I choose), OP's/ED's, Magical Girls, and that's about as far as my brainstorming takes me at the moment.
So yeah dunno what else to really say here.... 4 years hahahahahh....
Good to be back from my little break~
I really need to get back into keeping up with blogging... I dunno why I've been super slacking this year all of a sudden but well I'm gonna try a little harder now... Or so I keep telling myself... >.> It's not like I've been super duper busy or anything either. But to be fair I was having a pretty rough time through February to March.
I really need to get more cooking with Oishii Anime posts up too. I have so many done but they require all the writing work still...
I am going to Anime Boston at the end of May though so there's lots of time to try and get motivated again!
Young Animator Training Project ova's have started to appear. I've only watched one so far (Arve Rezzle) but I thought it was pretty good. I'm going to wait for the last one to be released then I'll probably do a series of posts on this awesome project since i've been putting it off for 2 years now... >.>
Hyouge Mono subs finished! woot woot. Go watch it!
Wolf Children was a very heartwarming touching movie. A little slow of course but it hit all the right spots for sure. A more detailed post will be coming soon. Guskou Budori no Denki was a visual eye pleaser but the plot interest for me was pretty low.
Fairy Tail, Blood-C, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Movies... Meh... Watchable but still meh.
Space Brothers is still going!! I hope we get another 50 episodes since someone said they are only half through the manga at this point anyway.
WINTER 2013 has come to an end and I pretty much said what I think about every show here and here. I still feel the same about every show. S2 of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha WHEN? SPRING 2013 is short for me because I'm taking the season off and waiting for them to be complete. Which is honestly ok with me because not a lot is airing that seems of interest at the moment for me. Gonna watch all the Season 2's and the following:
- Attack on Titan - This is gonna be the new hotness for everyone so I midas well keep up with it. The first ep was pretty good for an introductory episode. Those faces are creepy as fuck!
- Line Offline Salaryman - Went from a short episode series in the winter to a full on show. Dunno what else to say.
- Ketsuekigata-kun - Blood needs love too I guess... wtf Japan why you so obsessed with blood types?
- Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu -
- Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san - Why do people think mermaids are funny?
- Sparrow's Hotel - Looks like shit but it kinda entertaining.
- Aiura - Boring
Dibetagurashi: Ahiru no Seikatsu (A Duck's Life) I can't wait till subs appear for. This is gonna be the best show of spring I can feel it! Or maybe I just need a great replacement for Polar Bear Cafe. If it gets subs sometime soon I will likely attempt to blog it. If it is short episodes anyway. Higurashi Outbreak has me wondering if it will air or what too. OVA? Series? Who knows!
My April goal is to get through blogging all these short series I stopped on... Dunno if it'll happen but I at the very least want to do the last 2 episodes of Wooser!
So I've decided to go to Anime Boston and like the last time I went, I want to dress up. Hopefully better than the first time... Though to be fair it was still pretty good considering. This will clear off goal #7 of my anime goals. I really need to fix that goals list because a lot of the stuff isn't doable for me anymore. Talk about biting off more than I could chew!
My ideas so far:
Sooooooo yeah! Which one does everyone think I should go with? Or maybe you have a better suggestion? As long as it isn't too crazy and actually possible I shall consider it! A poll is on the right for people to vote in.
Help me out here!
Yup been a while yet again but oh well... Gaming kept me busy!
So I was going to not watch the winter anime till they all finished but wanting to get taking the screens to put up on Anime-Planet over with as soon as possibly lead me to picking everything up when all their episode 4's came out. Hockey started up again too which for some reason meant in my mind that I should watch the anime because I won't be gaming? I don't understand my thought process sometimes! Made sense at the time... I already chatted about all the shorts that are airing and some S2's HERE so check that out if you want. The only update from that post I have to talk about is that very day Line Offline Salaryman actually appeared with subs, turns out it is a pretty cute show that I enjoy greatly. Office workers doing office worker things! There's a bunny, cat, and bear "people" that work there too! Beast Saga has gotten off to a start too which is surprising. Only one episode of that is out so far but I found it to be decently entertaining so I'm looking forward to more episodes appearing.
Alright I'll start with all the winter shows thoughts I have then dive into the random stuff I've watched so far this year. I'll order the winter shows from favourite to not so favourite.
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - There's a lot more to this anime than the BOOBS that a lot of people only talk about for some reason. I don't understand why people do this honestly. Sure it is one little fanservice part. Then again the show that this is most like, Spice and Wolf, had the same deal going on with a naked wolf girl running around from time to time. So shut it because this anime is so much more than boobs and anyone that watches past episode 1 should agree. Looking at a war between humans and demons, 2 special people end up becoming really close and work together to end the war in a peaceful way that won't destroy the lively hood of their worlds. I really like the 2 main characters and I think I should try and write a review about it when it is finished to get all my thoughts out on it because this small paragraph really sucks.
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? AKA Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They? - Holy crap long titles are long -__- Anyway this was on my radar for being good and I like it when things that I want to be good turn out good. I really like the characters and look forward to watching it weekly.
- GJ-bu - Funnier than I expected. It is the kind of random slice of school life comedy I enjoy greatly. Love all the characters especially the cat girl and her meat bones! Too awesome.
- Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - Old timey Japan Lupin style. Enough said. Entertaining and has an awesome dog in it.
- Cuticle Tantei Inaba - This is like Milky Holmes but way more funny so it is more like Azazel-san instead. I'm not sure why I'm enjoying this honestly... Probably the randomness.
- Tamako Market - Holy shit guys... This is a KyoAni show that I'm actually enjoying more than just a "passable" mark! This hasn't happened since Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and The Second Raid! I think this show is why I had a dream of making mochi last night and now I'm on a mission to bring you guys some Cooking With Oishii Anime mochi posts! My only complaint is that I wish it didn't have that typical look KyoAni moved towards with K-On. Also that bird is fucking hilarious!
- Vividred Operation - Yeah, yeah there's butts in this. But (hehe) there's so much more too. This is the kind of stupid show I have no expectations for at all and end up enjoying greatly. I mean there's some kind of attack going on, the girls have to transform a-la-magical-girl and then kick ass. What's not to like?
- Dokidoki! Pretty Cure - I have this tentatively in my lower half for winter because only one episode has come out so far. It was actually a pretty good episode but I always wait a bit before trying to rate a Pretty Cure show. So far I definitely can say that I like it more than Smile but not by much at the moment. [email protected]'s VA being a baddie in this one!
- [email protected] - Lots of talking about nothing... One of the few anime where the bro likes the sis that actually creeps me out.
- Amnesia - I only have one thing nice to say about this anime... Those eyes are PRETTY! I really hate the main chick...
- Senran Kagura - A bunch of boobed girls are going to school to become ninja's. Pretty typical fanservice type of show. I do however really like their teachers, especially Kiriya.
- Kotoura-san - I love, love, LOVE telepathy to death. I'm seriously obsessed with it. So when an anime ends up having this come up it always interests me. Too bad most of the time the show ends up being terrible. This is no exception to that rule... I will keep watching it though because of the telepathy laughs to be had in this boring school life show.
- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - NO!
OTHER ANIME SO FAR THIS YEAR
- Nekomonogatari (Black) - Lots more talking about nothing.
- Tokyo Loop - Bunch of shorts all patched together to form this movie. Something like 16 artists helped create this fun collection of short works. Check it out if you like strange visuals and art house pieces.
- Mameshiba - Had to re-watch this because a batch with all of them came out. I LOVE BEAN DOGS!
- Koi-ken! Watashi-tachi Anime ni Nacchatta! - ehhh more shorts of idol culture. Pretty boring
- Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki AKA The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - I watched this sure but can't really remember what it is about other that fantasy setting. Yup one of those bore you to death fantasy shows. I remember it looking pretty good though.
- Magic Tree House - Round Cow says it best. You should watch it!
- Houkago Midnighters AKA After School Midnighters - Not bad but not good. Very clearly made for kids yet there's some scenes in it that I think most parents over here would not approve of!
- Memories Off - So this shitty ova series has 4 ova's to it. First 2 are 3 painful episodes long, the 3rd one has 4 more painful episodes and then we finish off with the 4th one being one "movie" episode. Sometimes I think I hate myself watching "romantic" garbage like this...
- Zettai Karen Children - I'm still getting through this one but I've seen 10 episodes so far. It is mostly comedy with some random missions tossed in there for our psychic power welding girls.
- Bokura ga Ita - I might actually have a review coming of this... I hated it SO MUCH I don't even want to rant anymore about it at the moment... I very much so hate most shoujo shows of this nature...
- Key the Metal Idol - Finally finished this one after a month of trying. It was a long ride and it was one of the anime that my Secret Santa gave me. I'm glad I didn't try to blow through it to write a review for it because honestly I dunno where I would have started. I still don't. It is very interesting, disturbing, boring, and wtf all at once. I know I really enjoyed it so all of that was a good thing about it!
Till next time folks~