So since I did a favourite anime of all time list I decided to do a list of anime that just didn't do it for me. Like the favourites, making this list has some requirements. It had to have pissed me off a lot and be bad according to my tastes. I generally let a lot of bad things slide by without much thought so these anime ended up leaving a nasty enough impression on me that just made me not able to forget. I have absolutely NO desire to re-watch any of these shows and I generally can't stand the attention they get from most anime fans. Some are failed potential that betrayed my feelings so much that I just can't let it go and some are sequels that completely let me down.
If one of your favourite anime happens to be on this list do not bother leaving flame comments. It will be deleted. Take note that everyone in this world is completely different and so their tastes are different as well. Some people are more compatible than others. If one anime happens to be a masterpiece for someone could be another's poison. These happen to be my poisons! Like my Favourites List I'll update this one when something decides to be a terrible anime that just has to make the list.
1. Clannad (Especially Clannad After Story)
2. Full Moon wo Sagashite
4. Aria the Animation (Only watched Season 1 of the franchise)
5. Green Green (Dropped at episode 3)
7. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou / Quiet Country Cafe
8. Kanon 2002 (I will not touch the 2006 version with a 9000 foot poll)
9. Adventures of Mini-Goddess (Tried watching 3 different times and could only get through 3 episodes each time)
10. Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (Only watched Season 1 of the franchise)
11. Real Drive
12. Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka
14. Aoi Hana
15. Kiss x sis (Dropped the series at episode 3 somehow watched all of the ova)
16. Munto / Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai
17. Yosuga no Sora
20. Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
21. To Heart
23. Amagami SS
25. Crystal Triangle
26. Smash Hit
27. Love Love?
29. Bus Gamer
31. Roots Search
34. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
37. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~
38. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
39. Hidamari Sketch (Finally learned to stop watching when they came out with a season 3)
40. Ichigo 100%
41. Shugo Chara!
44. Beet the Vandel Buster
45. Twilight Q
46. Kiddy Girl-and
48. King of Bandit Jing
49. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
50. Real Bout High School
52. Kurogane no Linebarrels
53. Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru / Betrayal Knows My Name
54. Seitokai no Ichizon
55. Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~
56. Slap Up Party: Arad Senki
57. Sasameki Koto
59. Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
60. Hanaukyo Maid Team
62. Blue Flames
63. Idol Project
64. Sister Princess
66. Nineteen 19
68. UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie
69. Panzer Dragoon
70. Violence Jack
71. Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature
72. Lime-iro Senkitan
73. Star of Cottonland
74. White Album
75. Final Approach
76. Kodomo no Omocha
77. Lovely Idol
78. Itsudatte My Santa!
79. California Crisis: Gun Salvo
80. Sora o Kakeru Shoujo / Girl Who Leapt Through Space
81. Only Yesterday
82. Magic Knight Rayearth
83. Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-
84. Angel Beats!
86. Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me
87. Ookami Kakushi
88. Pretty Cure Splash Star
89. Otaku no Video
90. Kokoro Toshokan
91. Wedding Peach
92. Manabi Straight!
94. Witch Hunter Robin
95. Mobile Suit Gundam X
96. Hyper Police
97. Elfen Lied
98. Death Note
99. Martian Successor Nadesico
100. Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! / I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother! (We'll see if I can actually finish this one and if so it's going much higher on the list for sure)
So I started a little marathon event for Christmas on Anime-Planet where members get together and choose from the list provided and try to out watch each other within the 4 days. I choose the following from the festive list:
I have finished all but Cooking Master Boy as I plan on starting that later with my bf when he gets home.
Itsudatte My Santa! - .5/5 DO NOT WATCH!!! I can't express that enough... It was so bad. I thought it was just going to be a lame story about a boy who hated Christmas because his parents were never around and they had the balls to name him Santa because he was born on the 25th. What I got was a terrible boring story along those lines but it had a super annoying chick in it that was painful to not only look at but to listen to as well. Then they made a second episode that had NOTHING to do with the first one..... *sigh*
Princess Tutu - 2/5 I can see how this anime would appeal to some people but I found it dry and boring. It had great potential but it just didn't turn out well. Generally I love weird twisted stories about fairy tales but Princess Tutu took the fun out of it by being too serious for it's own good when everything surrounding it was so absurdly awkward and quirky. I will say that the animation was lovely to see. It was outside of the normal way of anime animation and it was a nice change. The classical music soundtrack as well. I think if it wasn't for the music I wouldn't have made it through this anime... although the music might have added to the sleepy effect I had while watching.
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar - 2/5 Watching this right after Princess Tutu probably wasn't the best of choices but I did it anyway. Surprisingly it went by much faster than Tutu did. This anime was about fairies that are training to become a certain kind of fairy. Sun, wind, snow and so on. They train in the human world and they meet Saga who can for some reason see them. They have to plant seeds and then find a"twinkle" to make them bloom... yeah it was that exciting. But for a true moe experience this show was right up there. My oddest complaint about this series was that Saga took a LOT of baths. For something that was so innocent it almost seemed like they were trying hard to make it a fanservice of some sort. But then again maybe that's just me. There were at least 10 bath scenes in a 24 episode show about fairies and innocence. I certainly hope there are no weird creepy otaku out there that would fap to such a cute show... I hope.
Popotan - 2/5 Ecchi, ecchi, ecchi... For a while at least. Then suddenly out of no where it turns super serious. WTF and then just ends... There isn't much more to say about this... It oddly had a Christmas feel to it but that only was because it was about a house that was a Christmas shop too, that transported around from place to place... 😐
Lets just say after all that mediocre stuff I hope Cooking Master Boy will be awesome.