Yet another winter came and went. 24 shows to choose from this time! I always like to watch everything in a year so all was watched yet again unless special circumstances apply! Doing these posts is always super fun with more anime to talk about anyway! Onward with winter aired anime!
Winter this time around gave me a whole lot of anime that I enjoyed. I didn't watch a lot of them till after they were finished airing since I needed an anime break after the holidays. I'll likely do the same this year honestly. I like how it ends up working out for me. Doing things this way puts me even further away from people in the aniblogsphere and on twitter but ehhh I'm finding it harder and harder over the years to want to dive right back into new anime at the start of a new year.
Smile Pretty Cure started but I'm sad to say it didn't live up to my expectations so I'm not too happy about that. At least watching my backlog of Yes, Pretty Cure fills the bill in awesome. The New Prince of Tennis and Danball Senki W weren't watched because I haven't seen any of the rest of their franchises. Someday I hope to get around to PoT but I'm in no hurry to watch a billion episodes of tennis. Amagami SS+I saved myself the trouble with and didn't watch it. I wasn't a fan of the first season and that was way longer than this one. Enough is enough of that for me!
Thermae Romae I have a hard time classifying as a TV show rather than a TV special since it was only 3 episodes. I'd put it at #3 if I did include it though. Man that show was so manly and hot.
Best Show of winter is Natsume Yuujinchou Shi because obviously Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki is the show of the year! 2 anime that have awesome cats in it at the top of my list? Can I get anymore predictable?!
Worst Show of winter is Kill Me Baby. I don't understand how anyone could have liked this show... From a terrible OP and ED to ugly characters to ANNOYING AS FUCK characters... Yeah it clearly wasn't made for someone like me.
Here's my big list of Best to Worst shows of winter 2012:
- Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (still airing) 10/10
- Natsume Yuujinchou Shi 10/10
- Ano Natsu de Matteru / Waiting in the Summer 9/10
- Daily Lives of High School Boys / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou 8/10
- Aquarion Evol 8/10
- Brave10 8/10
- Inu x Boku SS 8/10
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear 7/10
- Rinne no Lagrange 7/10
- Gokujo. Gokurakuin Joshikou Ryou Monogatari 7/10
- Recorder to Randoseru 7/10
- Nisemonogatari 6/10
- Black Rock Shooter 6/10
- Mouretsu Pirates 5/10
- Another 5/10
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 4/10
- Zero no Tsukaima Final 4/10
- Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! / Listen to Me Girls, I'm Your Father! 3/10
- High School DxD 3/10
- Area no Kishi / The Knight in the Area 3/10
- Kill Me Baby 2/10
Surprise enjoyment: Inu x Boku SS honestly wasn't on my radar. Even better that the bf completely loved it too! Ano Natsu de Matteru romance, drama, drama, and aliens... Yup it found it's way into my heart!
On the Ninth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me,
Nine Let Downs,
Eight Food Shots,
Seven Pretty Cure Titles,
Six Underrated Shows,
(Twenty)Five Years of Final Fantasy,
Four Video Game Feels,
Three Idol Shows,
Two Amazing Cartoons,
and The Best Boots in All of Anime
I generally don't like getting my hopes up for shows actually being good but I stupidly did so for the following... Ordered by how much my hopes were crushed.
I wanted ass kicking lady Pirates yarring around SPACE... I fucking got school girls in SPACE pretend playing pirates...
Yet another one of those stupid shoujo reverse harem kickass shows that fucking failed miserably despite having a great idea going on.
Lupin III Fujiko Blaa Blaa
Talk about sucking the fun lightheartedness out of Lupin. Not a fan of "serious" Lupin at all.
I had no real idea what to expect going into this. It made me feel really awkward at times when watching it which is awesome but in the end things just really went no where. Very disappointing. Zombie's have never been so cute before.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Urg I dunno what I was expecting with this one... Ghosts are pretty cool generally. But the end did kinda rock. So I guess sitting through some boring paid off.
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
For an anime about a food club this show didn't focus nearly enough on delicious treats as it should have!
Kill Me Baby
This show should have been funny as hell but instead I got annoying as fuck.
Ok now we get into the shows that I actually enjoyed enough but just wish they were slightly better. Zetman had it all going on... It just needed more episodes to execute it properly I think.
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Mixed bag of feelings with this one honestly. I fucking love it to bits and really have it rated highly. But in the end it just fell flat and left me wanting more of the awesomeness it was instead of what awesomeness it turned out to be. These aliens are fucking awesome though! Mecha too!!
Everyone loves CAKE for the holidays!! Merry Christmas!
Which anime is that delicious dish from? From a shitty show that aired last winter called Kill Me Baby. I like assassins but annoying ones suck.
What is that delicious dish? Simple Eggnog White Cake with Eggnog Frosting and strawberries.
How do I make that delicious dish?
- 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1 and1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl mix: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate larger bowl mix: butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture until smooth and add the eggnog mixing it into the batter well. Then you are ready to put the batter evenly split between 2 cake pans. Don't forget to grease your pan so it doesn't stick!
Bake for 20 minutes or until you can place a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
Note: If your mixture is too dry add as much eggnog as needed to moisten it up. (I always add a little more eggnog anyway for more flavour)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups Eggnog
- 1 cup Butter (room temperature)
In a bowl mix: butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually stir in the eggnog and add flour until smooth.
Note: If too runny add more flour till you have the texture desired. If too dry add in more eggnog till you have the texture desired.
Note: Can add food colouring if you wish.
Note: If you want a pure white frosting use cream cheese instead of eggnog.
- Place the bottom cake layer on a decorative serving plate of your choice and add as little or as much frosting as you wish on top. Don't bother with the sides yet.
- Gently but firmly place the second cake layer on top of the bottom and frost all over until satisfied with the look.
- Decorate the top to your liking adding strawberries and other fun holiday items.
Note: I made the chocolate Merry Christmas sign by melting some chocolate on some saran wrap for an easy peel off chocolate blob then got a white icing pen to write the words.
If you have a picture of some yummy anime food you think I could re-create send a message or leave a comment. Which anime the picture is from would help me greatly along with the episode number it is featured in.
Diving back into anime for the Spring season was an obvious choice for me since Spring and Fall always hold the most potential for anime awesomeness. Along with watching every single anime airing, I started my Cooking With Oishii Anime series. I think it's going pretty well so far and I hope people are as entertained by it as I am. I love cooking and I'm rather glad I got back into it this way. Joining 2 passions is always a good thing.
Sai Mecha has started and I plan on posting all my votes on here since I love ma mecha. I enjoy this mecha battle royal very much because of all the hilarity that comes out of all mecha fans that take part! I gotta thank ExecutiveOtaku once again because this was the best idea ever. He also sent me a bunch of DINOSAURS! Which are totally awesome and arrived today. I'm going to do something fun bloggy wise with them soon.
There's been quite a lot of drama over at the Aniblog Tourney and honestly it's rather gross. I had a lot of fun the first time around but this time it's just pathetic. I had a really cute and hilarious post scheduled for my next round in it (cause ya I somehow made it to the 2nd round much to a lot of people's dismay I'm sure...) But I'm not even going to bother posting it now. If I'm just going to get called a "beggar" (because NO ONE ELSE was telling people to vote for them NOPE!) and get called a terrible person because I can't stand certain popular anime. Ohhh whatever internet! LOL It's not like I blog for YOU! I blog for ME. And I'll keep blogging and doing what I please even among the haters. ^___^ Gotta thank Digiboy for cheering me up over this silliness! COME ON EVERY PONY SMILE SMILE SMILE! FILL MY HEART UP WITH SUNSHINE SUNSHINE!
Anyway onto anime! The Toriko x One Piece Crossover 2 aired and it was awesome! I'm fully caught up on Toriko since my last Tuesday Tally post and I gotta say it's just gotten better and better. I love Toriko's relationship with Komatsu! It has been an amazing ride. Komatsu I really didn't like at first but he's grown on me a great deal and he's a great passionate character. I can't wait to see what more greatness Toriko has planned for us.
I finally got around to finishing off almost all the Winter 2012 anime. I put Rinne no Lagrange on hold for now since I think watching it right before the other half of it airs during this summer would be best. I might even re-watch the first season of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere since it's S2 is also airing during the summer. I re-started Mouretsu Pirates and I still don't like it which just pisses me off at this point. I'm still going strong on Poyopoyo of course. Gotta love that round cat! I started The Knight in the Area which is a soccer anime. I'm not to fond of it honestly and am instead hilariously enough enjoying springs soccer anime Ginga e Kickoff slightly more.
- Another - *snorts*
- Ano Natsu de Matteru - I actually really enjoyed this one. Too bad it took 6 episodes for me to really get into it. I feel there was a little lost potential in the beginning but I was rewarded with a pretty awesome ending. I love aliens~
- Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai - Reminded me a lot of Kodomo no Jikan... Might be because I watched that too recently.
- Baby, Please Kill Me - Holy crap this show was SO annoying. I have no idea how I marathoned this. If I never hear the words "Kill me Baby" ever again I'll be content. That normal school girl was the most annoying girl ever.
- Black Rock Shooter - Meh.
- High School DxD - I now know what the DxD stands for... -_-
- Inu x Boku SS - The character that turned into a scroll was awesome. I really enjoyed this one even if it felt like a typical show very clearly aimed at girls.
- Nisemonogatari - Like the first series it was pretty. That's as far as I go interest wise. This one had that oh so famous toothbrush scene that had everyone talking about it. I just gotta say it was gross but probably not for the same reasons as everyone else. I hate anything that has to do with teeth so it just made me feel awkward and queasy while trying to watch it.
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear - Oh wow what can I say about this. It wasn't that great but it wasn't too terrible either. It felt like something I just couldn't pull my attention away from even if it was a huge mash up of so many different anime. They should have just focused on mimicking one or 2 and made it great instead of who knows how many and just making a hilarious fool of its self.
- Aquarion - I watched the first Aquarion series because I wanted to start Evol as soon as possible because everyone has been freaking out over it the entire time it has been airing. And honestly I can see why. It takes everything from the first series and makes it COMPLETELY better. LET ME FILL YOUR HOLE!
- Potemayo - CUTE!
- Kodomo no Jikan ALL - If you ignore all the gross pervy stuff there's actually a pretty darn good show lurking underneath.
- Don Dracula - Old silly short series about vampire daddy and his vampire daughter. Great for some laughs especially if you enjoy Tezuka's silly humour.
- Negima ALL - First series was alright. I found that I really enjoyed the music and sound effects a lot which is kind of hilarious to me. The second series took all those awesome noises away and just left me with the characters. It was an alright watch too honestly save for the ferret thing. That little guy was made to be way more obnoxious the second time around. The ova's were silly fun and the movie was actually pretty awesome and gave the series an alright closure in my opinion.
- Shining Tears X Wind - Only watched this because it's like the unofficial prequel to the currently airing Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan. It wasn't a bad watch but it felt like any other typical fantasy show.
- Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger - NEED MORE.
- School Rumble 2 - More of the same hilarity that S1 brought. I somehow feel like there should be more!
- Ace wo Nerae - I'm half way through this writing this post and will probably be finished it later today. I watched the movie first and I gotta say it's delivering pretty much the same way. Gotta love that really old shoujo! It just has this perfect class that newer shoujo just can't get right.
MOVIES & OVA's
- Minori Scramble - Do you like PENGUINS?! Watch this adorable cute ova even if you don't!
- Eiji - Yet another fun and short ova about boxing. Good for a quick watch.
- Cipher - HOLY SHIT BALLS! I have no freaking clue wtf this strange ass ova was about and I don't think I could try and explain it. You just gotta see it for yourself if you love to torture yourself watching old shitty anime.
- Un-Go - This was awesome because it felt like I was still watching the series. A delightful 2 parter somewhere in the middle of it all. Very fun and you need to check it out if you haven't already and love this show.
- Lupin Special 14 - Yet another retelling of the beginning of it all. Very fun in the typical Lupin fashion.
- Gon - DINOSAUR ASS KICKING... Yeah more on this very soon.
- Space Brothers - SPACE ASS KICKING... Again more on this very soon... Hopefully!
- Folktales from Japan - This show is full of amazing one off stories. We get 3 random tales each episode. This anime is lovely and everyone should really give it a chance.
- Shirokuma Café - HOLY SHIT! ANIMALS KICK ASS... Totally more on this soon! PANDA SERVICE! Oh yeah! My good friend is totally writing something awesome for each episode which I totally encouraged! XD
Kill Me Baby is about the most annoying school girl ever who just happens to be surrounded by very "dangerous" classmates.
Nothing much to see here. Black skirts, gray jackets with silver buttons, white shirts and a red tie. I will admit that the jackets are pretty snazzy.