Hilariously enough Kite was my very first anime purchase ever. (It might have been Macross Plus instead but I honestly can't remember too clearly :P) I didn't have a clue what it was suppose to be about other than the blurb on the package, which I will admit I didn't read beyond knowing it was the "Director's Cut". Since it was only five bucks I said why not and got it. Oddly enough upon my first viewing of it I was not repulsed out of my mind because of the odd random sexual content. In fact I enjoyed it and watched it again with my sister! When 2008 rolled around with the indirect sequel, Kite Liberator, I was so happy. I was highly interested in seeing what a new look at an old favourite would be like... It turned out interesting...
- Kick ass action (Both anime)
- The girls will make you love them (Both anime)
- Blood, guts, and lots of murder (Both anime more so for Kite though)
- Pretty straight forward story (Kite)
- The sex scenes might not be for everyone (Kite)
- What exactly is going on may confuse (Kite Liberator)
- Even though these titles share the same name they are pretty different
Why chii thinks you should watch it
If you love action, kick ass girls, and just plan fun ova's these 2 are for you. Oh and it helps if you aren't shy about sexual scenes in your anime for Kite if you watch the Directors Cut version. I can't say that these 2 ova's are the best thing ever but they are super entertaining. Especially in group viewings. I certainly am proud that the first Kite sits on my DVD shelf and hope to buy the second one at some point. If you are looking for a great way to waste a few hours these 2 titles watched back to back will fill that void and not feel like a waste at all!
Further reactions to these OVAs: