So I've decided to go to Anime Boston and like the last time I went, I want to dress up. Hopefully better than the first time... Though to be fair it was still pretty good considering. This will clear off goal #7 of my anime goals. I really need to fix that goals list because a lot of the stuff isn't doable for me anymore. Talk about biting off more than I could chew!
My ideas so far:
Sooooooo yeah! Which one does everyone think I should go with? Or maybe you have a better suggestion? As long as it isn't too crazy and actually possible I shall consider it! A poll is on the right for people to vote in.
Help me out here!
On the Fifth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me,
(Twenty)Five Years of Final Fantasy,
Four Video Game Feels,
Three Idol Shows,
Two Amazing Cartoons,
and The Best Boots in All of Anime
Exactly 25 years ago TODAY the very first Final Fantasy game came out in Japan. To celebrate the boyfriend and I went to the Distant Worlds concert in Montreal earlier this month. It was the first time the group actually made it to Montreal so we couldn't pass it up. Especially since Nobuo Uematsu was going to be there as well! We saw him at Anime Boston and were blown away so our bodies were ready for more.
I plan on making some in depth Final Fantasy posts eventually so for now I'll just leave you a very rough list of my Final Fantasy favourites. All of these I've seen all the way through to the end but might not have played them all myself. The bf and I play them together and sometimes he's in control more than I am but we're always together for story progress.
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy IV (almost finished)
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Final Fantasy III (almost finished)
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy I
- Final Fantasy II
Games I haven't "played" yet:
- Final Fantasy VII (currently trying to struggle through...)
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Final Fantasy XI (Online gameplay)
- Final Fantasy XIV (Online gameplay)
And because why not add a bunch more memorable moments in a shout out anniversary post! Here's some anime moments and some bloggy ones too.
More fun ages (that I care about anyway)
Macross turned a whooping 30 years old this year. I didn't celebrate as much as I would have liked but I'll just look forward to watching that FB7 special they put out not that long ago.
The epic Legend of the Galactic Heroes novel started 30 years ago. One of these days I'll have a chance to read it I'm sure.
Space Adventure Cobra which I finally watched this year turns 30 too! Amazing show that they need to make more of!
Full Metal Panic and Chobits turn 10... Feels like yesterday still...
Fun note: The Astro Boy anime will be turning 50 freaking years old next year. So that's basically 50 years ago that anime really started to get noticed around the world! There's a fun project in the works that a bunch of peeps are doing. I'm going to be doing my own thing over here because I didn't find out about that project till it was too late but that's ok cause I had already been planning my own thing since October so look forward to it!
Blogging Buddy memories
2DT shut down in January a week after my Birthday... Still stalkable on twitter though!
There's of course more memories but I didn't write them all down because these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head while writing this post today. <3
Honestly this year has been pretty slow anime wise for me. I got a PS3 for Christmas and lets just say I've been very happy with said purchase. Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 have been my obsessions along with Dynasty Warriors Gundam I and II. I need to get III still but II has been keeping me quite busy even though I don't like it as much as I. How I don't have Dynasty Warriors 7 yet is a little mind baffling but all I can say is SOON.
Anyway enough about video games as that could easily fill a whole post and well I might just do that at a later date. I've honestly barely watched any anime this year series wise. I'm always in the mood for a one off ova or movie though so that's what this post is mostly about. I did finally watch Souten Kouro this year since subs were finally completed for it. It totally filled my RotK need for a while. Having the story revolve around Cao Cao was rather awesome and really makes me look forward to the last RotK title I have yet to watch, Koutetsu Sangokushi. I can only hope that one day the 2010 remake RotK series will be completely subbed. There's only so much enjoyment I can get from watching it raw after all.
The only other series I've completed so far that hasn't been currently airing was Galaxy Angel X and A. I watched Galaxy Angel and Z for my not so secret santa project so I figured I should complete the series. I still have to watch Galaxy Angel Rune though but I'll get around to it eventually. Rune apparently does things differently since X and A were pretty much the same as the first 2 series. I'm looking forward to Rune simply because it'll be a different take on the Galaxy Angel stuff which will be refreshing. It's a good series overall but nothing amazing either.
The fact that 3 big shounen series I watch and a lot of others as well, ended recently was a little strange. Beelzebub and Bleach sure I can live without airing anymore. I liked both shows alright but I won't miss watching them every week either. Gintama though... We just got it back and they take it away from us again! I'll look forward to when it comes back because I have faith that it certainly will. I'll at least look forward to more movies~
I've started watching Toriko again because my boyfriend was driving me nuts asking when we were going to watch more. Since I planned on blogging this (and I still do I swear) I didn't want to watch any of the episodes because then the chances of me blogging earlier episodes really start to disappear if I watch ahead of where I left off blogging. I gotta say I completely love this series. It shows a great love for food which I certainly share and I bet most people can relate to as well. I love food eating reactions! Toriko does this very well honestly and makes me remember just how awesome Yakitate!! Japan was when it came to food reactions too. I'm not 100% caught up with the series yet but I'm currently on episode 33 and plan to be caught up fully in the next few days.
- Sora no Otoshimono - This was a great recap movie. Everything about it made me smile and laugh. I can't wait for Season 3 to air.
- Suite Precure - Suite is my favourite Pretty Cure title to date so it should be no surprise that the Suite Movie has become my favourite Pretty Cure movie. But then again all the Pretty Cure movies are pretty great in their own ways.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos - I don't know why people were expecting super duper amazing plot and such with this movie. After all it was just a one off random story. I went in expecting awesome shounen action and that is exactly what I received and enjoyed a great deal.
- Recollections of a Certain Pilot - This movie doesn't really do anything new or amazing but I'm a sucker for planes in anime~
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira - I don't even know why I watch these Higurashi ova's anymore... Guess I just love the series that much.
- Steins;Gate - This ova was so darn cute by the end because the very end is what made it so awesome. I'm looking forward to that movie they'll be doing.
- Fantascope Tylostoma -
- Hotarubi no Mori e - A lovely short ova about a girl falling in love with a spirit. It's a little sad but oh so lovely at the same time.
- Gyo - GASHUNK! It was a great ova of a great anime. I know a lot of people were disappointed with it but I honestly can't figure out why. It did everything perfectly!
- Nakedyouth - I've actually watched this a few years ago but it floated up on my radar again and made me remember just how lovely a one off 10 minute work can be. Almost anything that explores youth and sexuality is always a treat to watch.
I've actually not watched a lot that finished airing during the winter season. I plan on watching them all but with it looking quite meh according to my tastes I decided I would skip watching it while it currently aired and wait till they were finished. I did watch a few I knew I would enjoy or that just happened to be Season continuations of shows I have already seen all of. I tried watching Another and Mouretsu Pirates while they aired/airing but sadly Mouretsu Pirates just didn't do it for me in the 3 episodes I sat though and just made me angry. Another is a horror anime so those are generally best marathoned instead of watching one episode a week. I do plan on watching both still along with everything but these are my priority anime from winter that have finished: Another, Black Rock Shooter, Nisemonogatari, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, and Rinne no Lagrange. If there's one you think I'm missing that I should get to asap leave a comment and I'll consider.
- Brave10 - I love these kind of anime. You know the ones with pretty boys and girls whooping each others asses... Yeah those... <3
- Daily Lives of High School Boys - HILARIOUS~
- Thermae Romae - HILARIOUS~
- Zero no Tsukaima 4 - I'm sure an ova will pop up for this at some point. But it's good to have it finished for fans.
- Recorder to Randoseru - a short episode series about a small girl who is in high school and her large brother that is in grade school. I've oddly enjoyed this series and an oddly glad that it is continuing into the spring season.
- Gokujo - another short episode series. This one is about girls being dirty and gross. Very pervy too. It's charming in it's own strange way.
- NatsumeYuujinchou Shi - Season 5 where?! <3
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 - meh
- Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki - still airing!!! ROUND CAT IS ROUND~
So far I've only watched one SPRING 2012 anime. That being Space Brothers of course. It was the #1 anime I was looking forward to and it certainly didn't disappoint me which was delightful. I might try blogging it but well we all know how terrible I am with keeping up to date with those. 😛
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me,
Twelve More Awesome Anime Memories,
Eleven Season 2's,
Ten Long Anime,
Nine Delicious Openings & Endings,
Eight Digiboy Top Anime,
Seven Franchise Continuations,
Six Top Tier Anime,
Five Nyanpire Kitties,
Four Marvel Anime,
Two Anime Buddy Challenges,
and an Underrated Anime
What I'm going to do here is just leave a picture. If you don't get it.... Watch the show to find out! Thanks for reading these everyone. It's been super fun. Happy Holidays and all that jazz!
Toriko x One Piece
Toward the Terra
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth
Last Exile: Fam
Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
Kore wa Zombie desu ka
Favorite Idol: Sheryl Nome - Song: Diamond Crevasse
Most awesome idol: Lynn Minmay - Song: My Boyfriend is a Pilot
Most winsome idol: Ranka Lee - Song: Aimo Tori no Hito
Cutest idol: Mylene Fallnya Jenius-Kizaki - Song: Sweet Fantasy
Scariest idol: Sharon Apple - Song: A sai En
Best failed idol: Myung Fang-Lone - Song: Voices
Most awesome failed idol (because I love to hate him so): Basara Nekki - Song: Power to the Dream
Best thing ever: Sharon Apple - Song: Information High
BONUS! Best duet: Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome - Song: Sayonara no Tsubasa ~ The End of Triangle