From the anime My Neighbor Totoro, Catbus is obviously a huge cat that just happens to be a bus too. It magically appears when a person would like to travel. (Mostly just transportation for Totoros)
Why I like it: It's a cat and a bus! It can take you places and it's super soft and interesting inside. I really like it's eyes that serve as headlights and it's crazy fast legs.
Why I hate it: IMPOSSIBLE! Well maybe cause it wasn't in the movie more! XD Of course there's always Mei and the Kittenbus if we have more Catbus needs.
Overall: Some really love this movie, some like me are indifferent to it. If you like to see weird things and weird creatures it's a pleasurable watch. Catbus is sure to please all cat lovers.
Top 10 Ghibli Movies
Who doesn't like a list? Especially a list full of movies that almost everyone has seen because, well, it's Studio Ghibli! (Or at least should have seen :P) I think it's rare to find an anime fan that knows nothing about Ghibli because even a lot of non anime fans have seen a movie or 2 from them. They are basically the Walt Disney of Anime. They put out amazing movies that try to appeal to the widest audiences.
1. Princess Mononoke - Seen this at least 20 times. All time favourite and I don't think anything can top it. Giant beast lords, a wild girl, and a prince. Add a really interesting story and side characters along with some amazing action. What's not to like?
2. Whisper of the Heart - This movie gives me such... I don't know how to really word it but I guess you could call it something like "tender moments" feeling. Everything about it I loved to bits and the end almost made me cry. It had really good music in it too.
3. Grave of the Fireflies - WW2 movies in general I really like and will almost always make me cry. This one was no exception and is due for another re-watch if I can bring myself to do it. Touching and very powerful.
4. The Cat Returns - An indirect sequel to Whisper of the Heart. It takes the cat character that was in that movie and gives it it's own. It's a marvelous tale and all cat lovers should watch it. It's sure to get a giggle or 2 out of you for sure.
5. Kiki's Delivery Service - It's actually been a really long time since I saw this movie. (Basically since I was a kid) It's probably time for a re-watch to see if it stands up to how awesome I rememeber it being. I remember laughing a lot and that there was a really cute cat.
6. Howl's Moving Castle - Tis about a castle that moves around! What more do I need.
7. Pom Poko - Is Ghibli's version of Once Upon a Forest. I generally really like movies that revolve around animals that can talk and wish to save their homes. These animals were very funny and creative in getting what they wanted.
8. Laputa: Castle in the Sky - Maybe I like floating or moving objects that shouldn't really be where they are or moving because I thought this place was pretty special. It was fun and had all the typical Ghibli characters in it that I have come to enjoy.
9. Spirited Away - I know a lot of people think this is the best Ghibli movie ever made but honestly, it just was average to me. I laughed once while watching it and yes of course it was that scene with her running down the staires and smacking right into the wall. That was awesome. I have good memories of watching it with my sister and rewinding that part over and over again to laugh at it with her. That memory is probably why it is at spot 9.
10. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - I honestly expected a whole lot more out of this movie. It's really only on the list because I dislike all the other movies below even more.
Ponyo will most likely be booted out when The Borrower Arrietty comes out this summer but we'll see how much I like it. I have high hopes.
Others that didn't make it. Continuing the numbering order from above.
11. My Neighbor Totoro - Too many screaming kids. The only enjoyable thing about this movie for me was the Cat Bus. I do however completely understand why some (most) people love it to bits.
12. Porco Rosso - While the pig man was fun, I just didn't get into it as much as I thought I would. I still really like it when I see cosplayers at con's spotting the pig nose.
13. Gedo Senki - I fell asleep about 4 times before I could finish the movie. Enough said.
14. My Neighbors The Yamadas - A weird movie about a weird family. It was alright I guess but not very interesting or funny. I think it was trying to go for funny anyway.
15. Ocean Waves - Slice of Life... About a girl who wants to go to the countryside because she was born and raised in Toyko. While I completely understand that desire... In movie form it's boring.
16. Only Yesterday - Slice of Life... Coming of age tale... School kids...This is probably as worse as it gets for me in irritating plots that are overdone.
Oddly enough all these movies are rated 4/10. I think that is pretty good because I'm pretty harsh with my movie and ova ratings. This just goes to show while I'm clearly not a Studio Ghibli fangirl, I have enjoyed these movies enough not to give them complete crap ratings. (Even though I'm sure some people are to disagree with that statement. :P)
Shout outs to some that should be on the list but are not because of special reasons.
On Your Mark - It's simply a music video but if they ever made that into a movie it would instantly be in my top 10 list. I love the music in the video and the girl with wings is so pretty and cute! It's amazing how much story can get through in a 7 minute video.
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind - This would be 3rd or 2nd if I included it. I don't because it was made before Ghibli was formed but it's one of the first anime movies I ever watched and one of the first manga I read too. Definitely a favourite anime movie. It was a gateway for the rest of Studio Ghibli movies so it really stands alone in a category of it's own for me.