So since I did a favourite anime of all time list I decided to do a list of anime that just didn't do it for me. Like the favourites, making this list has some requirements. It had to have pissed me off a lot and be bad according to my tastes. I generally let a lot of bad things slide by without much thought so these anime ended up leaving a nasty enough impression on me that just made me not able to forget. I have absolutely NO desire to re-watch any of these shows and I generally can't stand the attention they get from most anime fans. Some are failed potential that betrayed my feelings so much that I just can't let it go and some are sequels that completely let me down.
If one of your favourite anime happens to be on this list do not bother leaving flame comments. It will be deleted. Take note that everyone in this world is completely different and so their tastes are different as well. Some people are more compatible than others. If one anime happens to be a masterpiece for someone could be another's poison. These happen to be my poisons! Like my Favourites List I'll update this one when something decides to be a terrible anime that just has to make the list.
1. Clannad (Especially Clannad After Story)
2. Full Moon wo Sagashite
4. Aria the Animation (Only watched Season 1 of the franchise)
5. Green Green (Dropped at episode 3)
7. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou / Quiet Country Cafe
8. Kanon 2002 (I will not touch the 2006 version with a 9000 foot poll)
9. Adventures of Mini-Goddess (Tried watching 3 different times and could only get through 3 episodes each time)
10. Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (Only watched Season 1 of the franchise)
11. Real Drive
12. Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka
14. Aoi Hana
15. Kiss x sis (Dropped the series at episode 3 somehow watched all of the ova)
16. Munto / Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai
17. Yosuga no Sora
20. Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
21. To Heart
23. Amagami SS
25. Crystal Triangle
26. Smash Hit
27. Love Love?
29. Bus Gamer
31. Roots Search
34. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
37. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~
38. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
39. Hidamari Sketch (Finally learned to stop watching when they came out with a season 3)
40. Ichigo 100%
41. Shugo Chara!
44. Beet the Vandel Buster
45. Twilight Q
46. Kiddy Girl-and
48. King of Bandit Jing
49. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
50. Real Bout High School
52. Kurogane no Linebarrels
53. Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru / Betrayal Knows My Name
54. Seitokai no Ichizon
55. Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~
56. Slap Up Party: Arad Senki
57. Sasameki Koto
59. Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
60. Hanaukyo Maid Team
62. Blue Flames
63. Idol Project
64. Sister Princess
66. Nineteen 19
68. UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie
69. Panzer Dragoon
70. Violence Jack
71. Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature
72. Lime-iro Senkitan
73. Star of Cottonland
74. White Album
75. Final Approach
76. Kodomo no Omocha
77. Lovely Idol
78. Itsudatte My Santa!
79. California Crisis: Gun Salvo
80. Sora o Kakeru Shoujo / Girl Who Leapt Through Space
81. Only Yesterday
82. Magic Knight Rayearth
83. Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-
84. Angel Beats!
86. Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me
87. Ookami Kakushi
88. Pretty Cure Splash Star
89. Otaku no Video
90. Kokoro Toshokan
91. Wedding Peach
92. Manabi Straight!
94. Witch Hunter Robin
95. Mobile Suit Gundam X
96. Hyper Police
97. Elfen Lied
98. Death Note
99. Martian Successor Nadesico
100. Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! / I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother! (We'll see if I can actually finish this one and if so it's going much higher on the list for sure)
Top 10 Ghibli Movies
Who doesn't like a list? Especially a list full of movies that almost everyone has seen because, well, it's Studio Ghibli! (Or at least should have seen :P) I think it's rare to find an anime fan that knows nothing about Ghibli because even a lot of non anime fans have seen a movie or 2 from them. They are basically the Walt Disney of Anime. They put out amazing movies that try to appeal to the widest audiences.
1. Princess Mononoke - Seen this at least 20 times. All time favourite and I don't think anything can top it. Giant beast lords, a wild girl, and a prince. Add a really interesting story and side characters along with some amazing action. What's not to like?
2. Whisper of the Heart - This movie gives me such... I don't know how to really word it but I guess you could call it something like "tender moments" feeling. Everything about it I loved to bits and the end almost made me cry. It had really good music in it too.
3. Grave of the Fireflies - WW2 movies in general I really like and will almost always make me cry. This one was no exception and is due for another re-watch if I can bring myself to do it. Touching and very powerful.
4. The Cat Returns - An indirect sequel to Whisper of the Heart. It takes the cat character that was in that movie and gives it it's own. It's a marvelous tale and all cat lovers should watch it. It's sure to get a giggle or 2 out of you for sure.
5. Kiki's Delivery Service - It's actually been a really long time since I saw this movie. (Basically since I was a kid) It's probably time for a re-watch to see if it stands up to how awesome I rememeber it being. I remember laughing a lot and that there was a really cute cat.
6. Howl's Moving Castle - Tis about a castle that moves around! What more do I need.
7. Pom Poko - Is Ghibli's version of Once Upon a Forest. I generally really like movies that revolve around animals that can talk and wish to save their homes. These animals were very funny and creative in getting what they wanted.
8. Laputa: Castle in the Sky - Maybe I like floating or moving objects that shouldn't really be where they are or moving because I thought this place was pretty special. It was fun and had all the typical Ghibli characters in it that I have come to enjoy.
9. Spirited Away - I know a lot of people think this is the best Ghibli movie ever made but honestly, it just was average to me. I laughed once while watching it and yes of course it was that scene with her running down the staires and smacking right into the wall. That was awesome. I have good memories of watching it with my sister and rewinding that part over and over again to laugh at it with her. That memory is probably why it is at spot 9.
10. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - I honestly expected a whole lot more out of this movie. It's really only on the list because I dislike all the other movies below even more.
Ponyo will most likely be booted out when The Borrower Arrietty comes out this summer but we'll see how much I like it. I have high hopes.
Others that didn't make it. Continuing the numbering order from above.
11. My Neighbor Totoro - Too many screaming kids. The only enjoyable thing about this movie for me was the Cat Bus. I do however completely understand why some (most) people love it to bits.
12. Porco Rosso - While the pig man was fun, I just didn't get into it as much as I thought I would. I still really like it when I see cosplayers at con's spotting the pig nose.
13. Gedo Senki - I fell asleep about 4 times before I could finish the movie. Enough said.
14. My Neighbors The Yamadas - A weird movie about a weird family. It was alright I guess but not very interesting or funny. I think it was trying to go for funny anyway.
15. Ocean Waves - Slice of Life... About a girl who wants to go to the countryside because she was born and raised in Toyko. While I completely understand that desire... In movie form it's boring.
16. Only Yesterday - Slice of Life... Coming of age tale... School kids...This is probably as worse as it gets for me in irritating plots that are overdone.
Oddly enough all these movies are rated 4/10. I think that is pretty good because I'm pretty harsh with my movie and ova ratings. This just goes to show while I'm clearly not a Studio Ghibli fangirl, I have enjoyed these movies enough not to give them complete crap ratings. (Even though I'm sure some people are to disagree with that statement. :P)
Shout outs to some that should be on the list but are not because of special reasons.
On Your Mark - It's simply a music video but if they ever made that into a movie it would instantly be in my top 10 list. I love the music in the video and the girl with wings is so pretty and cute! It's amazing how much story can get through in a 7 minute video.
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind - This would be 3rd or 2nd if I included it. I don't because it was made before Ghibli was formed but it's one of the first anime movies I ever watched and one of the first manga I read too. Definitely a favourite anime movie. It was a gateway for the rest of Studio Ghibli movies so it really stands alone in a category of it's own for me.