Its been a busy summer for me life life wise and anime wise too I guess even though I feel like I barely watched anything even though the list below tells me otherwise... With summer ending things always calm down a lot around here so I start to "focus more" on the blog. I started planning my December posting schedule because that's always a busy month with 12 moments and various secret santa's. I'm looking forward to it a lot this year actually for some reason. Maybe because it actually makes me feel like I'm part of the aniblogsphere all over again or something. Oh shit that reminds me that my 3 year blogavasary is coming up... Anyway I put up a new poll a few weeks ago wondering what anime projects my readers are wanting to see more of. I'm proud to say I'm almost caught up with Poyo episodic postings which I didn't include on the poll because I'm doing that whether people like it or not! I hope to be caught up by the end of next week on them actually. Not that anyone particularly cares about these posts other than me and a select few of my readers, you know who you are <3. Anyway the poll tells me to start doing more Cooking with Oishii Anime posts. Which I'm happy to say I put one out last week and I'm in the progress of doing 2 more very soon so look forward to those.
I've started thinking about posting more about not so anime things on here too but I'm not so sure if want to do that on this blog or if I should be creating a new chii blog of sorts for all my non anime stuff. Because yes believe it or not I don't spend EVERY waking moment watching anime even though I'm sure most of you would still beg to differ. This idea came to mind when I did that 5 questions and answers thing. People have suggested that maybe I should just get a Tumblr for these things but that feels gross and lazy (even though lazy is rather perfect for me) to me for some reason. I also find that the majority of Tumblr's are a real pain in the ass to navigate and that's why I barely follow anyone on Tumblr. Anyway yeah this is still thinking in progress but I think it'll be great old fun since I have a boatload of ideas and strange shit just floating around in my head already why not make a blog about it! Anywho onto anime because that's what matters on this here bloggy!
- Cobra 2010 - I'm sad that I have no more Cobra to look forward to... Such a great series. It's everything I love about super sci-fi adventures.
- Ergo Proxy - I don't love it, I don't hate it. It lies somewhere in the middle the same way I feel about a few other shows that had a lot of great moments but too many issues for me at the same time. I'll probably never be able to say which side I lean towards with them but somehow I think this is positive.
- Fairy Musketeers Akazukin - If you liked Princess Tutu but wanted a more girly version of it this is a perfect fit.
- Kurogane Communication - Hidden treasure even if the ending is a little strange. You should watch it.
- Zaizen Jotaro - "Da Bomb" ...
- Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo - I think I'm going to muster up the strength to write a full on review of this show sometime. There is a lot to be said about it's great idea but poor execution.
- Panzer World Galient - So one morning during the summer after a night of hefty drinking and everyone else around me wandered off to sleep I was left wide awake. So I asked twitter what show I should watch RIGHT THAT INSTANT. They choose this and I gotta say it was one of the best old fantasy mecha anime I'd ever seen. Such great fun! Great OP too XD
- Android Ana MAICO 2010 - So 90s.
- Shouwa Monogatari - So glad this finally got subbed all the way through... Now if only Hyouge Mono would get finished up...
- Fist of the North Star - I finally started this because one of our friends that stayed for a week and a half wanted to watch the movie. But I was like screw that I have something better than that movie and we managed to get through 25 episodes or so always while eating. I still plan on blogging this for sure! I also just got the ps3 video game Ken's Rage too which so far has been a hoot!
- Lupin III S2 - I feel like I've been watching Lupin forever at this point. And honestly I have... I know it's been about 2 years since I started the series but it's slowly coming to an end with just under 80 episodes left to watch of the entire franchise.
- Yes Pretty Cure - I'm almost done S1 and I've been absolutely LOVING every moment of it. I think it might end up being my #2 favourite pretty cure series behind Suite but I'll wait till I finish it all off before claiming that to be 100% true.
MOVIES & OVA's
- The Glass Rabbit - Another WWII story.
- Starship Troopers: Invasion - Everything I wanted it to be and more!
- Hells - Landon says it best. (we're probably the only 2 people to have watched this movie...)
- Dragon Age - Suddenly I don't want to try playing the game anymore even though I own it...
- Elysium - I knew this was going to be terrible but I had been waiting YEARS to watch the terribleness!
- Happy Birthday Inochi Kagayaku Toki - Don't bully!
- 5-tou ni Naritai - Even if you have a disability you should still try to make the most out of life. Impending Diary post coming.
- Pattenrai - Really nice historical flick about bringing water to Taiwan.
- Towa no Quon - I'm not sure why more people haven't been talking about this one honestly. Then again I think I hold these movie series compilations on a higher pedestal than everyone else. It was everything I wanted and more honestly from an hour long 6 movie series. Had a few flaws towards the end and in the middle but I signed up for a good time and boy oh boy that's what I got. Give me special people with super powers doing awesome things ANYDAY!
I'll leave the mass sum up of summer for later so I'll just say a word or 2 about what stood out to me here. I marathoned the majority of these shows at the end of summer. Some still have one episode to go still but that's ok. The only 2 I haven't started yet is Campione and Kokoro Connect... For some reason I just can't bring myself to watch them... Campione I could care less about either way honestly but Kokoro Connect I'm dreading with all my bones. I can't explain why, I just am... Muv-Luv and Sword Art Online are continuing on into the fall and I'm happy about this. These are 2 shows that almost everyone likes to complain about but I'm happier than a fat kid with cake watching and enjoying these 2 greatly. Horizon is another one people love to hate on but not me! Horizon is so gooood~ Binbougami ga and Joshiraku I expected not to like but I actually REALLY like them a lot. Summer seems to have set me up for a lot of good comedy shows for some reason, not that I'm complaining. And I'll throw in that Tari Tari was not as dreadful as I thought it was going to be. The beginning epsiodes were lame as hell but the end ones completely saved it. So yeah I'll leave blabbering on about the whole summer season for my big wrap up in December.
Here's to looking forward to another season worth of anime. Wooo Fall.
There were a lot of anime that aired this spring! The only ones I didn't watch were the long running continuations of shounen aimed at a younger audience: Inazuma Eleven GO, Beyblade: Metal Fury, Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, Digimon Xros Wars 2, and Danball Senki. I haven't seen any of these series except for Digimon but even then I only made it through the first 2 seasons before the 2010 reboot of the franchise. There was one shoujo title in there that I would actually like to watch someday called Jewelpet Sunshine. But first I want to watch the other 2 seasons of it...
With so many shows airing during the spring it should be no surprise that my favourite anime of the year started airing. Yes, Gintama 2 is my #1 for the year 2011. It's great to see all the characters back and getting into wacky situations! That space arc was AMAZING!
If Hyouge Mono actually had timely subs it might be in this spot but I can't put it there comfortably since I've only been able to watch 10 episodes from a 39 episode series. Hyouge Mono is certainly awesome though and more people should watch it!
Best Show of spring aside from Gintama because that's #1 of the year would be Toriko. He's a manly man out to find the most delicious food. It doesn't matter if he has to kill it himself! Just look at those arms! I plan to re-start blogging this series in the new year so look out for those! GUTS GUTS GUTS!
Worst Show of spring is Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi... Harem... I don't need to say more. I hate most harem cookie cutter shows. Especially ones that come from eroge games...
Here's my big list of Best to Worst shows of spring 2011:
- Gintama 2 (still airing) 10/10
- Toriko (still airing) 10/10
- Hyouge Mono (stalled) 9/10
- Steins;Gate 9/10
- Ao no Exorcist 9/10
- X-Men 9/10
- Kaiji 2 8/10
- Honto ni Atta! Reibai-Sensei 8/10
- Astarotte's Toy 8/10
- Hen Zemi 8/10
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai 8/10
- Yondemasuyo Azazel-san 8/10
- Shouwa Monogatari (stalled) 8/10
- Tono to Issho 2 8/10
- Tiger & Bunny 7/10
- Battle Girls: Time Paradox 7/10
- Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera 7/10
- C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control 7/10
- Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream (still airing) 7/10
- Deadman Wonderland 7/10
- Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 7/10
- Sket Dance (still airing) 7/10
- Happy Kappy 7/10
- Seikon no Qwaser 2 7/10
- The World God Only Knows 2 6/10
- Dog Days 6/10
- Suzy's Zoo (stalled) 6/10
- Fireball 2 6/10
- 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku 6/10
- Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 6/10
- Nichijou 5/10
- Hana-Saku Iroha 5/10
- Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai 5/10
- Maria Holic 2 4/10
- A Channel 4/10
- Softenni 4/10
- Aria the Scarlet Ammo 2/10
- Moshidora 2/10
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi 1/10
Surprise enjoyment: Steins;Gate took me by storm. I didn't plan on watching it at first but a friend convinced me to start it. It was like a super win with this series because I really thought it wasn't going to be good, like at all. Astarotte's Toy was pretty much written off by everyone. I too doubted it at first. After all when you see "Semen and 10 years old" in a first synopsis of the series it's hard not to be judgmental.
Surprise fail: Deadman Wonderland while it still gets a passing mark from me, it really needed more for it to be truly awesome.
Honorable mentions: Ao no Exorcist is awesome and no one can tell me otherwise. I hope we get more someday and I can't wait for that movie. Tiger & Bunny should have been a show I fell in love with right from the start. Somehow that didn't happen at first. It took a while for all the characters to grow on me too long for me to truly enjoy the show. Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream is SO girly but I can't stop watching it. I love ice skating and wanted to be one when I was a kid. I should probably write a diary post about it or something~