Yup been a while yet again but oh well... Gaming kept me busy!
So I was going to not watch the winter anime till they all finished but wanting to get taking the screens to put up on Anime-Planet over with as soon as possibly lead me to picking everything up when all their episode 4's came out. Hockey started up again too which for some reason meant in my mind that I should watch the anime because I won't be gaming? I don't understand my thought process sometimes! Made sense at the time... I already chatted about all the shorts that are airing and some S2's HERE so check that out if you want. The only update from that post I have to talk about is that very day Line Offline Salaryman actually appeared with subs, turns out it is a pretty cute show that I enjoy greatly. Office workers doing office worker things! There's a bunny, cat, and bear "people" that work there too! Beast Saga has gotten off to a start too which is surprising. Only one episode of that is out so far but I found it to be decently entertaining so I'm looking forward to more episodes appearing.
Alright I'll start with all the winter shows thoughts I have then dive into the random stuff I've watched so far this year. I'll order the winter shows from favourite to not so favourite.
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - There's a lot more to this anime than the BOOBS that a lot of people only talk about for some reason. I don't understand why people do this honestly. Sure it is one little fanservice part. Then again the show that this is most like, Spice and Wolf, had the same deal going on with a naked wolf girl running around from time to time. So shut it because this anime is so much more than boobs and anyone that watches past episode 1 should agree. Looking at a war between humans and demons, 2 special people end up becoming really close and work together to end the war in a peaceful way that won't destroy the lively hood of their worlds. I really like the 2 main characters and I think I should try and write a review about it when it is finished to get all my thoughts out on it because this small paragraph really sucks.
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? AKA Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They? - Holy crap long titles are long -__- Anyway this was on my radar for being good and I like it when things that I want to be good turn out good. I really like the characters and look forward to watching it weekly.
- GJ-bu - Funnier than I expected. It is the kind of random slice of school life comedy I enjoy greatly. Love all the characters especially the cat girl and her meat bones! Too awesome.
- Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - Old timey Japan Lupin style. Enough said. Entertaining and has an awesome dog in it.
- Cuticle Tantei Inaba - This is like Milky Holmes but way more funny so it is more like Azazel-san instead. I'm not sure why I'm enjoying this honestly... Probably the randomness.
- Tamako Market - Holy shit guys... This is a KyoAni show that I'm actually enjoying more than just a "passable" mark! This hasn't happened since Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and The Second Raid! I think this show is why I had a dream of making mochi last night and now I'm on a mission to bring you guys some Cooking With Oishii Anime mochi posts! My only complaint is that I wish it didn't have that typical look KyoAni moved towards with K-On. Also that bird is fucking hilarious!
- Vividred Operation - Yeah, yeah there's butts in this. But (hehe) there's so much more too. This is the kind of stupid show I have no expectations for at all and end up enjoying greatly. I mean there's some kind of attack going on, the girls have to transform a-la-magical-girl and then kick ass. What's not to like?
- Dokidoki! Pretty Cure - I have this tentatively in my lower half for winter because only one episode has come out so far. It was actually a pretty good episode but I always wait a bit before trying to rate a Pretty Cure show. So far I definitely can say that I like it more than Smile but not by much at the moment. [email protected]'s VA being a baddie in this one!
- [email protected] - Lots of talking about nothing... One of the few anime where the bro likes the sis that actually creeps me out.
- Amnesia - I only have one thing nice to say about this anime... Those eyes are PRETTY! I really hate the main chick...
- Senran Kagura - A bunch of boobed girls are going to school to become ninja's. Pretty typical fanservice type of show. I do however really like their teachers, especially Kiriya.
- Kotoura-san - I love, love, LOVE telepathy to death. I'm seriously obsessed with it. So when an anime ends up having this come up it always interests me. Too bad most of the time the show ends up being terrible. This is no exception to that rule... I will keep watching it though because of the telepathy laughs to be had in this boring school life show.
- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - NO!
OTHER ANIME SO FAR THIS YEAR
- Nekomonogatari (Black) - Lots more talking about nothing.
- Tokyo Loop - Bunch of shorts all patched together to form this movie. Something like 16 artists helped create this fun collection of short works. Check it out if you like strange visuals and art house pieces.
- Mameshiba - Had to re-watch this because a batch with all of them came out. I LOVE BEAN DOGS!
- Koi-ken! Watashi-tachi Anime ni Nacchatta! - ehhh more shorts of idol culture. Pretty boring
- Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki AKA The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - I watched this sure but can't really remember what it is about other that fantasy setting. Yup one of those bore you to death fantasy shows. I remember it looking pretty good though.
- Magic Tree House - Round Cow says it best. You should watch it!
- Houkago Midnighters AKA After School Midnighters - Not bad but not good. Very clearly made for kids yet there's some scenes in it that I think most parents over here would not approve of!
- Memories Off - So this shitty ova series has 4 ova's to it. First 2 are 3 painful episodes long, the 3rd one has 4 more painful episodes and then we finish off with the 4th one being one "movie" episode. Sometimes I think I hate myself watching "romantic" garbage like this...
- Zettai Karen Children - I'm still getting through this one but I've seen 10 episodes so far. It is mostly comedy with some random missions tossed in there for our psychic power welding girls.
- Bokura ga Ita - I might actually have a review coming of this... I hated it SO MUCH I don't even want to rant anymore about it at the moment... I very much so hate most shoujo shows of this nature...
- Key the Metal Idol - Finally finished this one after a month of trying. It was a long ride and it was one of the anime that my Secret Santa gave me. I'm glad I didn't try to blow through it to write a review for it because honestly I dunno where I would have started. I still don't. It is very interesting, disturbing, boring, and wtf all at once. I know I really enjoyed it so all of that was a good thing about it!
Till next time folks~