Summer was a mixed bag of stuff. There were some really great shows, some really meh shows, and some down right terrible ones. I watched almost everything that aired after they all finished like I did for winter. Horizon 2, Kingdom, The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, Sword Art Online, and Natsuyuki Rendezvous are the only ones I watched weekly along with whatever was still airing from Summer. I didn't watch that new season of Pokemon either because I'm so not up to date with that franchise. One day I swear I will be!! Wooo Pokemon Workout!
I got no 10/10 shows shockingly but Horizon could count for it honestly. I need to re-watch both seasons of that sometime soon. Since it is such a great show and all! Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan: Eigo de Tatakau Mahou Shoujo (long title is long) came out but I watched only one episode of that since it has some kind of airing delays that last months and months for new episodes.
Best Show of summer is Kingdom. A show that no one but me is watching. More people should watch it!!
Worst Show of summer is Campione! because of no surprise here Who is Imouto wins for worst show of 2012 for me. I don't really care that people actually "enjoyed" watching this show to make fun of it either. Same can be said for Sword Art Online which I enjoyed a lot.
Here's my big list of Best to Worst shows of summer 2012:
- Kingdom (still airing) 9/10
- Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 2 / Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 2 9/10
- Joshiraku 9/10
- The Ambition of Oda Nobuna / Oda Nobuna no Yabou 8/10
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 8/10
- Sword Art Online 8/10
- Binbougami ga! 8/10
- Yuru Yuri 2 8/10
- Natsuyuki Rendezvous 8/10
- Moyashimon 2 8/10
- Humanity Has Declined / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 7/10
- Rinne no Lagrange 2 7/10
- Kokoro Connect 7/10
- Utakoi 6/10
- Dog Days 2 6/10
- Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebi Sugawa Koukou Tenmonbu 6/10
- Hakuouki 6/10
- Arcana Famiglia / La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia 6/10
- Tanken Driland (still airing) 6/10
- Tari Tari 5/10
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate / Love, Election, & Chocolate 5/10
- Chitose Get You 4/10
- Yurumates 3D 2 4/10
- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai / So, I Can't Play H! 4/10
- Hagure Yuusha no Estetica / Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero 2/10
- Campione! 1/10
- Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! / NAKAIMO - My little sister is among them! 1/10
Surprise enjoyment: The drama Kokoro Connect and the comedy Joshiraku came out of no where for me and were highly enjoyable! Very interested in the special episodes of Kokoro Connect coming up. Binbougami ga and Ebiten are 2 more comedy shows that came out of no where for me and were hilariously awesome.
Honorable mentions: Humanity Has Declined was pretty much universally loved by everyone who watched it. I think it was risky to air another gender bent Oda Nobunaga story while another one was still airing from spring but I liked The Ambition of Oda Nobuna a lot in the end! Natsuyuki Rendezvous SPOOKY GHOST!
The time has come yet again for an anime milestone according to my Anime-Planet profile. Soon I will be reaching 3000 total watched. And by soon I mean as soon as I get off my ass and marathon the last LotgH ova I have to watch being, Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights. I WILL SIT DOWN AND MARATHON THIS BEFORE THE WEEKEND! I can't wait to finally have watched everything from my favourite anime of all time! I made Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth my 2000th anime a year and a bit ago... Thinking that I've watched 1000 anime since then is mind boggling but when anime sites insist on listing shorts, music videos, picture dramas, and other silly stuff that probably shouldn't have a single entry there's not much I can do! I guess I could not mark them as watched but well if the option is there take it!
Looking at the VERY incomplete list I made of all these things I feel don't need their own entries it's clear that a lot of stuff gets added for the sake of "completion". There are other reasons why these kind of things started to get added to AP but I won't get into that right now... All I gotta say it it's kinda stupid and it makes it look like I've watched a whole lot more than I really have. But to be fair I suppose a lot of the "shorts" I have on my list are worthy of being there. Either way it's still like I've completed 2000 anime with a whole lot of extras! Someday I'll make more lists to see just what the exact number would be if I don't include stuff I don't think should bother counting. Not that anyone but me cares about such a thing.
All in all maybe I'm just trying to justify all the time I've spent watching anime to not make myself feel as strange about reaching such a number... YAY? Onto some other fun stuff now~
- Fresh Pretty Cure - Confirmed that is my second least favourite Pretty Cure. Nothing can honestly top the hatred I have for Splash... I still have to watch Yes but from what I've seen of it so far it can't top the dislike I have for Fresh!
- Yoiko - This is basically porn for people who like little girls but wish they had a mature body so it doesn't "look" bad. It's basically like Recorder to Randoseru but WAY more perverted since you get to see "little" girl boobs EVERY EPISODE!
- Space Adventure Cobra - Why can't we have shows like this anymore? I still have to watch the 2010 version but I'm positive it won't disappoint me. Cobra has become one of my favourite anime ever because it has so much I completely love. Especially since the SPACE isn't a lie from the title! Cobra himself is one awesome dude that has tonnes of sexy bitches surrounding him! So awesome!
- Mainichi Kaasan - I'm still not finished this show. It's got 142 episodes and I'm only halfway through still. But I gotta say its found its way into my heart. There's absolutely nothing special about it. It's about a mom who writes manga and has 2 kids. We go through their daily life and that's it! Some episodes can be boring but in each episode there's short stories so it doesn't take long for something new to come along if one of the segments is lame. My favourite thing about the show are these spirits that visit the mom giving her "tips" on parenting. They have an awesome song that gets stuck in my head for hours when they appear too! XD
MOVIES & OVA's
- Lupin III - Specials 16-23 (minus the Detective Conan crossover since I already watched that one a while ago) were watched. So happy I've now seen them all. I made a list of them all favourite to least. I didn't hate sitting through any of them though which is a very good thing. The newest one being, Special 23: Blood Seal - The Eternal Mermaid, ended up being my favourite. It just has so much awesomeness that makes Lupin Lupin to me, I enjoyed it throughly.
- Mardock Scramble - Finally got around to this first movie. It's interesting I'll give it that much. It really reminds me of an updated version of Kite but with the futuristic setting from Ghost in the Shell.
- A shit load of Shorts - I'm a huge fan of shorts like I said above. I watched a lot of them over the last little while but I'm sad to say that none really stood out except for THIS!
Still going strong watching everything at this point. I'm ready for a few of the series to be over and done with but here's a small highlight on what I'm really enjoying right now that you don't already know about.
- Mysterious Girlfriend X - This started off with a 8/10 score. It since has jumped to a perfect 10. I've enjoyed every single episode so much and it's quickly turning into one of my favourite romantic comedies!
- Ginga e Kickoff - I don't understand how this kiddy show is SO FREAKING GOOD. It has no right to be but here we are. It's honestly way better than the other soccer anime airing along side it. More people need to watch this awesome show.
- Fairy Tail - I've finally caught up with like 20 episodes or whatever I had stalk piled. I won't spew a bunch of stuff about it here but I gotta say that I love time skips!
- Kingdom - This show I didn't expect anyone to pick it up to sub. These kind of Chinese stories tend to get no love but to my surprise 2 groups (as far as I know) have picked it up. I was so happy when I discovered this. The first episode was a long one at 50 minutes and it ended on a great cliffhanger that has me BEGGING for more. I'm going to look forward to this show each and every week, or whenever episodes happen to get subbed of it! My only issue with it is that some weird CG kicks in now and then and takes the flow away from what's going on but I'll forgive it for that!
After an insane spring of watching every anime airing I've decided to do what I did with winter and not watch everything while it airs this summer and marathon them after they are finished. I'm just going to watch S2's of shows and I have made an exception for 2 new shows. The other noitaminA show Natsuyuki Rendezvous (lol spooky flowers) and the oh so awesome Oda Nobuna no Yabou (lol more Oda Nobunaga silliness I can't resist!)
List of season 2's+: Hakuouki (WHY... But... Bishies...) Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (I'm probably the only one SUPER pumped for the conclusion) Dog Days (I'm not sure why there's a S2 of this but S1 was fun enough. Dog girls is a nice change from cat girls!) Moyashimon (We'll brew YOU!) Rinne no Lagrange (I still have to watch S1 from winter! But I'll be doing that in time for S2 to start airing for sure) Yuru Yuri (Yay girls~)