The time has come yet again for an anime milestone according to my Anime-Planet profile. Soon I will be reaching 3000 total watched. And by soon I mean as soon as I get off my ass and marathon the last LotgH ova I have to watch being, Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights. I WILL SIT DOWN AND MARATHON THIS BEFORE THE WEEKEND! I can't wait to finally have watched everything from my favourite anime of all time! I made Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Spiral Labyrinth my 2000th anime a year and a bit ago... Thinking that I've watched 1000 anime since then is mind boggling but when anime sites insist on listing shorts, music videos, picture dramas, and other silly stuff that probably shouldn't have a single entry there's not much I can do! I guess I could not mark them as watched but well if the option is there take it!
Looking at the VERY incomplete list I made of all these things I feel don't need their own entries it's clear that a lot of stuff gets added for the sake of "completion". There are other reasons why these kind of things started to get added to AP but I won't get into that right now... All I gotta say it it's kinda stupid and it makes it look like I've watched a whole lot more than I really have. But to be fair I suppose a lot of the "shorts" I have on my list are worthy of being there. Either way it's still like I've completed 2000 anime with a whole lot of extras! Someday I'll make more lists to see just what the exact number would be if I don't include stuff I don't think should bother counting. Not that anyone but me cares about such a thing.
All in all maybe I'm just trying to justify all the time I've spent watching anime to not make myself feel as strange about reaching such a number... YAY? Onto some other fun stuff now~
- Fresh Pretty Cure - Confirmed that is my second least favourite Pretty Cure. Nothing can honestly top the hatred I have for Splash... I still have to watch Yes but from what I've seen of it so far it can't top the dislike I have for Fresh!
- Yoiko - This is basically porn for people who like little girls but wish they had a mature body so it doesn't "look" bad. It's basically like Recorder to Randoseru but WAY more perverted since you get to see "little" girl boobs EVERY EPISODE!
- Space Adventure Cobra - Why can't we have shows like this anymore? I still have to watch the 2010 version but I'm positive it won't disappoint me. Cobra has become one of my favourite anime ever because it has so much I completely love. Especially since the SPACE isn't a lie from the title! Cobra himself is one awesome dude that has tonnes of sexy bitches surrounding him! So awesome!
- Mainichi Kaasan - I'm still not finished this show. It's got 142 episodes and I'm only halfway through still. But I gotta say its found its way into my heart. There's absolutely nothing special about it. It's about a mom who writes manga and has 2 kids. We go through their daily life and that's it! Some episodes can be boring but in each episode there's short stories so it doesn't take long for something new to come along if one of the segments is lame. My favourite thing about the show are these spirits that visit the mom giving her "tips" on parenting. They have an awesome song that gets stuck in my head for hours when they appear too! XD
MOVIES & OVA's
- Lupin III - Specials 16-23 (minus the Detective Conan crossover since I already watched that one a while ago) were watched. So happy I've now seen them all. I made a list of them all favourite to least. I didn't hate sitting through any of them though which is a very good thing. The newest one being, Special 23: Blood Seal - The Eternal Mermaid, ended up being my favourite. It just has so much awesomeness that makes Lupin Lupin to me, I enjoyed it throughly.
- Mardock Scramble - Finally got around to this first movie. It's interesting I'll give it that much. It really reminds me of an updated version of Kite but with the futuristic setting from Ghost in the Shell.
- A shit load of Shorts - I'm a huge fan of shorts like I said above. I watched a lot of them over the last little while but I'm sad to say that none really stood out except for THIS!
Still going strong watching everything at this point. I'm ready for a few of the series to be over and done with but here's a small highlight on what I'm really enjoying right now that you don't already know about.
- Mysterious Girlfriend X - This started off with a 8/10 score. It since has jumped to a perfect 10. I've enjoyed every single episode so much and it's quickly turning into one of my favourite romantic comedies!
- Ginga e Kickoff - I don't understand how this kiddy show is SO FREAKING GOOD. It has no right to be but here we are. It's honestly way better than the other soccer anime airing along side it. More people need to watch this awesome show.
- Fairy Tail - I've finally caught up with like 20 episodes or whatever I had stalk piled. I won't spew a bunch of stuff about it here but I gotta say that I love time skips!
- Kingdom - This show I didn't expect anyone to pick it up to sub. These kind of Chinese stories tend to get no love but to my surprise 2 groups (as far as I know) have picked it up. I was so happy when I discovered this. The first episode was a long one at 50 minutes and it ended on a great cliffhanger that has me BEGGING for more. I'm going to look forward to this show each and every week, or whenever episodes happen to get subbed of it! My only issue with it is that some weird CG kicks in now and then and takes the flow away from what's going on but I'll forgive it for that!
After an insane spring of watching every anime airing I've decided to do what I did with winter and not watch everything while it airs this summer and marathon them after they are finished. I'm just going to watch S2's of shows and I have made an exception for 2 new shows. The other noitaminA show Natsuyuki Rendezvous (lol spooky flowers) and the oh so awesome Oda Nobuna no Yabou (lol more Oda Nobunaga silliness I can't resist!)
List of season 2's+: Hakuouki (WHY... But... Bishies...) Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (I'm probably the only one SUPER pumped for the conclusion) Dog Days (I'm not sure why there's a S2 of this but S1 was fun enough. Dog girls is a nice change from cat girls!) Moyashimon (We'll brew YOU!) Rinne no Lagrange (I still have to watch S1 from winter! But I'll be doing that in time for S2 to start airing for sure) Yuru Yuri (Yay girls~)
Diving back into anime for the Spring season was an obvious choice for me since Spring and Fall always hold the most potential for anime awesomeness. Along with watching every single anime airing, I started my Cooking With Oishii Anime series. I think it's going pretty well so far and I hope people are as entertained by it as I am. I love cooking and I'm rather glad I got back into it this way. Joining 2 passions is always a good thing.
Sai Mecha has started and I plan on posting all my votes on here since I love ma mecha. I enjoy this mecha battle royal very much because of all the hilarity that comes out of all mecha fans that take part! I gotta thank ExecutiveOtaku once again because this was the best idea ever. He also sent me a bunch of DINOSAURS! Which are totally awesome and arrived today. I'm going to do something fun bloggy wise with them soon.
There's been quite a lot of drama over at the Aniblog Tourney and honestly it's rather gross. I had a lot of fun the first time around but this time it's just pathetic. I had a really cute and hilarious post scheduled for my next round in it (cause ya I somehow made it to the 2nd round much to a lot of people's dismay I'm sure...) But I'm not even going to bother posting it now. If I'm just going to get called a "beggar" (because NO ONE ELSE was telling people to vote for them NOPE!) and get called a terrible person because I can't stand certain popular anime. Ohhh whatever internet! LOL It's not like I blog for YOU! I blog for ME. And I'll keep blogging and doing what I please even among the haters. ^___^ Gotta thank Digiboy for cheering me up over this silliness! COME ON EVERY PONY SMILE SMILE SMILE! FILL MY HEART UP WITH SUNSHINE SUNSHINE!
Anyway onto anime! The Toriko x One Piece Crossover 2 aired and it was awesome! I'm fully caught up on Toriko since my last Tuesday Tally post and I gotta say it's just gotten better and better. I love Toriko's relationship with Komatsu! It has been an amazing ride. Komatsu I really didn't like at first but he's grown on me a great deal and he's a great passionate character. I can't wait to see what more greatness Toriko has planned for us.
I finally got around to finishing off almost all the Winter 2012 anime. I put Rinne no Lagrange on hold for now since I think watching it right before the other half of it airs during this summer would be best. I might even re-watch the first season of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere since it's S2 is also airing during the summer. I re-started Mouretsu Pirates and I still don't like it which just pisses me off at this point. I'm still going strong on Poyopoyo of course. Gotta love that round cat! I started The Knight in the Area which is a soccer anime. I'm not to fond of it honestly and am instead hilariously enough enjoying springs soccer anime Ginga e Kickoff slightly more.
- Another - *snorts*
- Ano Natsu de Matteru - I actually really enjoyed this one. Too bad it took 6 episodes for me to really get into it. I feel there was a little lost potential in the beginning but I was rewarded with a pretty awesome ending. I love aliens~
- Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai - Reminded me a lot of Kodomo no Jikan... Might be because I watched that too recently.
- Baby, Please Kill Me - Holy crap this show was SO annoying. I have no idea how I marathoned this. If I never hear the words "Kill me Baby" ever again I'll be content. That normal school girl was the most annoying girl ever.
- Black Rock Shooter - Meh.
- High School DxD - I now know what the DxD stands for... -_-
- Inu x Boku SS - The character that turned into a scroll was awesome. I really enjoyed this one even if it felt like a typical show very clearly aimed at girls.
- Nisemonogatari - Like the first series it was pretty. That's as far as I go interest wise. This one had that oh so famous toothbrush scene that had everyone talking about it. I just gotta say it was gross but probably not for the same reasons as everyone else. I hate anything that has to do with teeth so it just made me feel awkward and queasy while trying to watch it.
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear - Oh wow what can I say about this. It wasn't that great but it wasn't too terrible either. It felt like something I just couldn't pull my attention away from even if it was a huge mash up of so many different anime. They should have just focused on mimicking one or 2 and made it great instead of who knows how many and just making a hilarious fool of its self.
- Aquarion - I watched the first Aquarion series because I wanted to start Evol as soon as possible because everyone has been freaking out over it the entire time it has been airing. And honestly I can see why. It takes everything from the first series and makes it COMPLETELY better. LET ME FILL YOUR HOLE!
- Potemayo - CUTE!
- Kodomo no Jikan ALL - If you ignore all the gross pervy stuff there's actually a pretty darn good show lurking underneath.
- Don Dracula - Old silly short series about vampire daddy and his vampire daughter. Great for some laughs especially if you enjoy Tezuka's silly humour.
- Negima ALL - First series was alright. I found that I really enjoyed the music and sound effects a lot which is kind of hilarious to me. The second series took all those awesome noises away and just left me with the characters. It was an alright watch too honestly save for the ferret thing. That little guy was made to be way more obnoxious the second time around. The ova's were silly fun and the movie was actually pretty awesome and gave the series an alright closure in my opinion.
- Shining Tears X Wind - Only watched this because it's like the unofficial prequel to the currently airing Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan. It wasn't a bad watch but it felt like any other typical fantasy show.
- Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger - NEED MORE.
- School Rumble 2 - More of the same hilarity that S1 brought. I somehow feel like there should be more!
- Ace wo Nerae - I'm half way through this writing this post and will probably be finished it later today. I watched the movie first and I gotta say it's delivering pretty much the same way. Gotta love that really old shoujo! It just has this perfect class that newer shoujo just can't get right.
MOVIES & OVA's
- Minori Scramble - Do you like PENGUINS?! Watch this adorable cute ova even if you don't!
- Eiji - Yet another fun and short ova about boxing. Good for a quick watch.
- Cipher - HOLY SHIT BALLS! I have no freaking clue wtf this strange ass ova was about and I don't think I could try and explain it. You just gotta see it for yourself if you love to torture yourself watching old shitty anime.
- Un-Go - This was awesome because it felt like I was still watching the series. A delightful 2 parter somewhere in the middle of it all. Very fun and you need to check it out if you haven't already and love this show.
- Lupin Special 14 - Yet another retelling of the beginning of it all. Very fun in the typical Lupin fashion.
- Gon - DINOSAUR ASS KICKING... Yeah more on this very soon.
- Space Brothers - SPACE ASS KICKING... Again more on this very soon... Hopefully!
- Folktales from Japan - This show is full of amazing one off stories. We get 3 random tales each episode. This anime is lovely and everyone should really give it a chance.
- Shirokuma Café - HOLY SHIT! ANIMALS KICK ASS... Totally more on this soon! PANDA SERVICE! Oh yeah! My good friend is totally writing something awesome for each episode which I totally encouraged! XD
Every thought on these anime are from two episodes watched. These are all very short thoughts put together so it might be pretty jumbled but it's my thoughts as I watched each show.
Kuroko's Basketball - I've never really watched a true basketball anime before so this is really my first taste of basketball in anime. I gotta say the cute boys really make this watchable because I don't give a crap about basketball and honestly find the sport boring. If we get to see some really awesome kick ass matches later on in this series, it'll be worth sitting through these beginning episodes. Can't say I like the girl coach. She's pretty annoying. That confession/promise stuff on the rooftop was pretty good moral training for the team though. Kuroko sure is a strange one but his banter with Kagami is quite amusing. I feel sorry for the other boys since they don't shine out as much as these 2 do. Also up shirt shots in this basketball anime seem to be similar to a pantsu shot in pervy anime. Not sure if I like yet! XD
Natsuiro Kiseki - At least their skirts are cute for their school uniforms...
Medaka Box - Because of Sket Dance I have no interest in shows where students "help" each other. Maybe a character or 2 will grow on me like what happened with Sket Dance. Hopefully that'll make it at least tolerable to sit through.
Upotte - It's stupid but it makes me laugh sometimes. Girls "turning" into guns is way more interesting to me than girls turning into cans. Although I'm pretty disappointed that we don't get to see the transformation.
Zetman - I love the idea of hobo life. Living under a bridge with a bunch of other hobos. Gathering enough wood to build hobo houses! Too bad that ended quite poorly for all those poor hobos. The bathing scene where the kid realizes what "death" is was strange but pretty interesting that they choose to do it that way. I hope saving his striper lady friend doesn't become a huge theme of the show... But at the end of episode 2... Who knows what they got planned for her. I really like that the show time skipped to when the kids are slightly older to kick some serious bad guy ass.
Sengoku Collection - Episodic stories about lords from the Sengoku period transported into modern day... And turned into GIRLS. I've seen all of this done before but hell it's still entertaining. I would have liked it to be RotTK characters instead but Oda Nobunaga and friends is welcome too! I liked the first episode much more than the second one. It's really hard for me to care about idols that aren't from Macross.
Sankarea - It's oddly nice to see a cat boy in a recent anime instead of a cat girl. One that isn't a yaoi or filled with other cat people like Nekogami Yaoyorozu! The way the main character has a huge fetish for zombies in cute girl form really makes me think of an old web comic called Sexy Losers (Link very NSFW!) I can't really explain why these 2 are linked in my mind but they are. Episode 2 introduces more of the girls life and she has a very strange father. He likes to take pictures of her wearing almost no clothing and he's done this pretty much all her life... I don't even know what to make of this... This show is oddly very uncomfortable to sit though but I don't have any issues with death or anything like that. Again I can't really explain my reaction. I do love that the boys hideout is at a bowling alley! <3 But I don't like that Babu looks like my cat that passed away recently...
Accel World - I don't really have anything to say about this show. It was just as boring as a slice of life show for me which is sad.
Every thought on these anime are from one episode watched. These are all very short thoughts put together so it might be pretty jumbled but it's my thoughts as I watched each show.
Tsuritama - The interesting art style has me hooked. I related a lot with the beginning and the boy drowning in the classroom. Oh anxiety! All the ocean/water aspects are quite interesting to me and always make me look deeper into the anime. The setting really reminds me of Newfoundland for some reason. Oh yeah it must be all that fishing and all. The fishing also makes me think of my father a lot since he's huge into fishing. I've fallen in love with the fighting fish. <3
Sakamichi no Apollon AKA Kids on the Slope - I'm not a fan of jazz but this works somehow, oh right... Yoko Kanno! XD I had a bf that would use anything as drum sticks too and generally my butt would be the drums. This still happens with my current bf as well. I must have a thing for drummers deep down! The chick in this show always seems to be blushing. I hope it was just a one episode thing but we'll see. I enjoyed the "Richie" boy and his thoughts about school. How he hates going and gets a weird sick feeling about it constantly. Brings back memories of my school life. Oh anxiety!
Jormungand - The leader chick with the white hair REALLY looks like a tranny to me. I really enjoy the background music. This show is totally the next Black Lagoon. Hopefully my first episode impression of it will make me look forward to the already announced S2.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia AKA Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - So far this is Baka Test to me with supernatural elements. Could go either way.
Acchi Kocchi - I like how it looks at least...
Ginga e Kickoff - Meh kiddy soccer.
Hiiro no Kakera - Meh bishies.
Mysterious Girlfriend X AKA Nazo no Kanojo X - The hair over her eyes is going to get annoying but I'll push through that. Her sparkle drool is pretty darn amazing! "My drool is nothing special." <- I'm sure she tells all the boys this! This show will be good because the relationship is right there in the first episode and there's no dicking around. I'll be looking forward to more of this show and there will be a diary post upcoming from me at some point for it too.
Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan - BREAD HAREM! Best ED ever btw! LOL
I couldn't resist watching the spring season like I did for the winter season so I'll give some first impressions on all I've watched.
Gakkatsu - Made a post about it!
Shiba Inuko-san - A strange one about a girl who is a dog yet goes to school like a normal person. I'll give it a few more episodes before I choose weather I want to blog it or not. I'm sure I'll end up doing something with it.
Yurumates 3D - I actually expected this to be a full on series not a short episodes one because there are already 2 ova's of it. Can't say this will get better with time.
Recorder to Randoseru 2 - Picks up right where S1 left off. (Did anyone aside from this person and me watch it?) This show is silly pandering to both girls and boys. I oddly find it quite amusing.
Kuromajo-san ga Tooru - Meh not very interesting since I can barely remember what it was about. I just remember it was too long being at 7 minutes... Which you know... Is never good for a short episode series to give an impression of.
Fate/Zero - Picked up right where season 1 left off. It's good to have it back~
Kimi to Boku - More boys and cats. Can't go wrong here in my opinion~
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Yet another that picked up right where season 1 left off. This first episode even felt like the first episode of season 1.
Phi Brain - Again, picked up right where season 1 left off. I look forward to my weekly dose of puzzles~
Saki - So the mahjong girls are back. I'll watch it because I watched S1 but I'm going to expect the same results as S1... Meh.
Queen's Blade - This first episode kicked off with a booty-licious pirate babe! I was amused. Good to have Queen's Blade back for my weekly dose of awesome boobs and hilarity!
I've kept up with Cardfight!! Vanguard but haven't watched any of the S2 yet. I will watch it though as I've become fond of the show somehow... Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream has slow subs but they are getting there so I'll wait till I can finish S1 before diving into S2. Jewelpet S4 I have no interest in due to not having seen any of the other seasons of this show. I kinda want to but I'll wait till season 1 appears. There's a bunch of other kiddy anime airing as well of course but I don't keep up with them either.
Continuations of franchises
Eureka Seven - Now I'm not the hugest fan of Eureka Seven but I highly enjoyed this first episode. I really think that old dude with the glasses is pretty darn hot too. I hope this one exceeds my low expectations for the franchise.
Haiyoru - This had a short episode series made so I wasn't expecting to like the full anime as much as I did. Somehow they improved on the shitty little short and made it watchable. I can't say that I believe the series will stay this way though. I give it 3 more episodes before it suffers the same fate as the short episode series.
Lupin III - A series focusing on Fujiko? Fuck yes! And I wasn't shocked or offended by the amount of boobs that was in this either unlike most people. I mean really... It's about Fujiko!
SD Naruto Rock Lee - Worst than I thought it was going to be... Which wasn't good to start with. I'm sad that the bf actually liked it...
Arashi no Yoru ni - I love this movie to bits. This series weirds me out a bit due to the English cast and the CG but I think I'll get over it. Mei has something weird going on as well that I hope to get over as time goes on. Overall though it was a fun watch.
The only one I'm not watching since I haven't seen any of the series at all is Saint Seiya. Maybe I'll get around to it at a later point this year but I'm actually not counting on that. It is however a series I really do want to watch sooner than later so... Eventually!
Expect at least 3 more posts with all the other new NEW anime first episode impressions within the next few days. ^__^